-

Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's the little things that can make your day

     Yesterday morning it was just one of those mornings.  I had two appointments where the people came at the wrong time and then I went to an appointment where the person wasn't even there.  Granted, they had a family emergency, I totally understand.  It's just that after two botched appointments already it was frustrating.  My last appointment was near Costco, so I figured I would head over there and pick up some Halloween candy.  While I was there, I decided to get some gas.  The guy that was the attendant at the pump made my day.  He opened the car door for me, helped me pump the gas, wiped down my car and was so cheerful and helpful.  I left that gas pump in such a better mood than I arrived.  He will never know the difference he made in my day, but I owe him many thanks! 
Remember that your little act of kindness could turn someone else's day around!



It was still hot yesterday, but not quite as bad as the day before.  At least there was a breeze blowing.  I decided to mix it up a little.  Every magazine I open these days is telling us to mix patterns and colors. I went with a striped sweater and a floral scarf.  My sweater is navy blue stripe and the scarf has a mix of different colors of bright blues and greens with a bit of yellow and white mixed in.  So~ not only did I mix patterns, I mixed the colors too.  I think it looks great together.  What do you think about the whole mix patterns school of thought?? 



                                                   
striped sweater-ATL-couple of yrs ago-on sale $20    
black jeans-Old Navy-$24.99
shoes-Target-couple of yrs ago-$20  
earrings-Handpicked-$14.99  
scarf-ATL-spring-on sale-$21.00
shades of blue bracelet-ATL-on sale-$12
gold bracelets-part of a set of 5 from H&M this summer-$5.99
watch-gifted-Tocs Brand
                                        


 

1 comment:

cuppycakeme said...

CUTE outfit! LOVE the bracelets! I don't know if you drink coffee or not, but around the Holiday times, Starbucks puts these little "Pay it forward" ideas on the cups. Like "Pay for the persons coffee behind you in the drive thru" I try to do things like that all year long. Leaving a post it on a Slim Fast box at wal mart saying "Your beautiful just the way you are" Sorry such a long comment, but LOVE when I hear acts of kindness! Have a beautiful day!

http://www.cuppycakeme.blogspot.com