-

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Friend Friday: Connecting With Readers

I know I am a day behind.  It seems like I just can't catch up for some reason. 
This week's topic is connecting with readers.  I would love to hear from those of you that don't necessarily have a blog, but just like to read blogs.  Thanks in advance for your input!
Let's get started...

1. How important do you think reader connectedness is to the success
of your blog?
I think it is very important.  If you cannot connect with your readers they will not come back.  When I started my blog just 3 months ago, I had no idea of the importance of this.
2. What do you do to draw readers in and create that writer-reader
bond?
Since I am so new, I am learning all the time!  I try to write in a style that is pretty much how I talk to my friends.  I try to address things that we all have in common and I also ask for suggestions and help.
3. What is one way you could improve this connection?
I do try to respond to my comments by email or on the other person's blog.  I don't leave a lot of feedback in my own comment section.  I don't know if readers actually go back to check.  Would love some feedback about this.
4. Is there a blogger you think does a great job creating that writer-
reader bond? Why? 
There are quite a few bloggers that do a great job of this.  I would say these bloggers write in a friendly style, don't take themselves too seriously, respond to comments and reach out to make you feel welcome. 
5. What do you do to cultivate new readers? How do you get them to
your site in the first place? 
Still in the learning phase here.  I probably will not do Facebook, but am leaning toward twitter.  I try to visit several new sites daily and leave comments and invite them to check out my blog.  Word of mouth has also worked for me.

If you are interested in finding out what other bloggers have to say about this topic check, out the link to Modly Chic.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to try twitter. I have an account, but I think I would feel easily overwhelmed by it.

momof3 said...

I love the conversational style of your blog. I don't blog but love to read blogs so I really love it when the blogs "feel" like a conversation. I like how you ask questions of your readers inviting feedback. I definitely think it's important to respond to your readers--I emailed a paint question to a blog and never heard back--it was sooo frustrating especially when they invited questions/comments! arrgh! Anyway, I think you don't take yourself too seriously and are just having fun--making the blog fun to read!

silvergirl said...

Thanks for the feedback momof3, I truly appreciate it.