-

Monday, December 20, 2010

Gratitude

Sunday at church our pastor's sermon was about gratitude.  What a great subject and especially for this time of year.  I usually don't do these kinds of posts, but I want to share with you his 5 points about gratitude.  Whatever your religious beliefs are, I think that you can relate and use these points in your everyday life.
  • Gratitude is never silent or invisible.
  • Gratitude sustains joy and blessings.
  • Gratitude begins where my sense of entitlement ends.
  • Grateful people can find a blessing, enlarge a blessing or create a blessing in almost any situation.
  • Gratitude increases favor and creates opportunity.
I hope that these points make you think as much as they have made me think.  Last year I started keeping a gratitude journal.  Everyday I write down 5 things that I am grateful for.  They can be anything from a Starbucks coffee to some major event in my life.  Try it and I bet you will find that you look at your day a lot differently.
Thanks for letting me share.

Sunday's Outfit of the Day





It was such a nice day on Sunday, I decided to venture back outside for pictures







I am so loving my Cyber Monday jacket!



Feel a little Johnny Cash here all in black.  Not my usual mode of dress, but I wanted the focus to be on the necklace and the jacket.




5 things I was grateful for on Sunday
  1. the great sermon
  2. the beautiful weather
  3. a fabulous dinner with husband and another couple
  4. finished a load of work in my studio
  5. having son1 clean out the garage

turtle neck-Banana Republic
jeans-White House/Black Market
boots-Naturalizer via Marshalls
jacket-ATL
necklace-Handpicked
bracelets-various ones
belt-Michael Korrs via Marshalls

9 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

What a pretty jacket.....love the fur on it...you look very chic in those jeans and boots too....you are a gorgeous girlie!!

Stop by and say Hello:)
Statements in Fashion Blog♥

Collette Osuna said...

PS....I "do" expect to see you wearing your new hat in the immediate future, lol..I cant wait!!!

mispapelicos said...

Hi, we are together now in the love for pearls.
Un abrazo from Spain.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
I am following you.

RoseAG said...

It's a lot easier to have a smile if you've got gratitude.

Anonymous said...

Stop tormenting me with the jacket! I am so busy but I might just have to change my route today to go by the Loft to see if they have any jackets left... should have bought it!! I am kicking myself big time. xo

zs closet said...

loove the collar!!!xx

www.zscloset.blogspot.com

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Love the jacket...love your front porch decorations...love the sermon..and I am very grateful for all the blessings in my life!!

Got my pearl pix up...you look great!

Anonymous said...

Brett--that first photo is simply breathtaking. It's true about gratitude. I have a little prayer I say at night 'thank you for everything I take for granted...'

Terri said...

Brett--that first photo is simply breathtaking. It's true about gratitude. I have a little prayer I say at night 'thank you for everything I take for granted...'