-

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh The Glitter and The Glamour!

Last night was our neighborhood Progressive Dinner.  If you don't know what a progressive dinner is, it is when everyone meets at someones house for appetizers, then people move on to different houses for dinner and gather back together at another house for dessert.  We hosted the dessert portion of the dinner here.
I have to say that you never know what people are going to wear to this event, but last night everyone outdid themselves!  Most everyone was Red Carpet Worthy!!!  It was so much fun to see people dressed in fabulous clothing and looking oh so glam!
I decided to pull out a dress I wore to a black tie wedding in Mexico a couple of years ago.  Heck, I had only worn the darn thing once before.

Here is my look from last night's party.





I know you are dying to know...
my shoes stayed on all night and I even danced in them!!!
Thanks to Joy and Linda for their great suggestions for keeping those babies on my feet!





You can't tell, but I do have a pattern on my hose.



How great is that stoll??  It was my grandmothers.  I inherited it when she passed away.  It has just been sitting in my closet waiting for the trend to make a comeback.
If you like the hair and make-up here is where to go to learn how to do it. 

dress-Nordstroms
jewelry-Nordstroms
shoes-Steve Madden


Photobucket

12 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Oh my goodness, Brett, you look so amazing in this dress. FIERCE! I wish I had just one dress that looked that incredible on me. It must have been a fabuous evening...also, down here, we absolutely love a great progressive dinner!

Angie said...

You trully look so glamorous! Thanks for the hair and make up tips!I've never heard of this kind of party but it sounds interesting!

Stacey said...

That sounds like so much fun. You look gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you are looking very glamourous here. Congrats on keeping on your shoes...and those red lips are fantastic!

What did you serve for dessert?

mtg said...

oh how GLAM you look. love the assymetry of the dress and the stole!!!! So glad you kept it all these years!!
xx
maya

Joy said...

You are FIERCE in that outfit, Brett, and oh my that stole is to die for!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

I wish I lived somewhere where people would want to do something like this!

silvergirl said...

You all are too sweet with your compliments.
It was fun to dress up as I rarely get to do it.

Terri, I didn't do the desserts. People from the neighborhood brought them!

Joy, if you invite them.... they will come!

Molly Page said...

WOWZERS! What a dress!
And those shoes are ahhh-mazing.

Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing in these photos.

Pink Stilettos said...

As usual you look great and I love this dress! I am so happy that you were able to keep those heels on and dance in them :)

Molly said...

WOWZERS! What a dress!
And those shoes are ahhh-mazing.

Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Oh my goodness, Brett, you look so amazing in this dress. FIERCE! I wish I had just one dress that looked that incredible on me. It must have been a fabuous evening...also, down here, we absolutely love a great progressive dinner!