-

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Breton Stripes across the Blogosphere!

Today has been deemed Breton Stripe day by
Liz over on 26 and Counting  
and Linda over on The Auspicious Life.
They even created a website to document everyone's looks! 

You have to go check out all the great ways people have styled their stripes.
Here is my take on the look
I went for a fun and casual look.
It is easy to wear and extremely comfortable.
Check out the shoes.
Waaay out of my comfort zone, but I saw them on sale for $20 so I grabbed them.
BTW, I am having a clothing swap tonight.
I can't wait to see what gems I can find.
I will be sure and document the event and report back.

Now go find your Breton Stripes
and 
come up with a cool look!
breton shirt-ATL
jacket-thrifted
skirt-ATL
shoes-Rack Room
boyfriend watch-birthday gift
necklace-built into shirt

15 comments:

Linda W said...

Thanks for posting and participating. I like that you cuffed your jacket to show off more of the stripes with the sleeve.
Have fun at your swap!

The Auspicious Life

stela alves said...

Nice outfit, i like the blouse!!Street Style by Stela

Joy said...

I wish I'd known about this. I have stripes!! Maybe I'll do next month's.

CUTE shoes!! Have fun at your swap.

Deborah said...

Breton stripes are one of my huge weaknesses. I own waaaaaay too many of them.

Bad! Good!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

So cute...I love that you did the striped shirt with the skirt! Total look is great!

mtg said...

I like the shoes you've chosen to wear with this cute outfit!
xx
maya

Anonymous said...

Brett--that is the cutest skirt! very curious about your swap. Is it at your house and how does one go about organizing such a thing?

The Closet Shopper said...

Nice stripiness! You are too cute.

xo,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Love the shirt! (and the jacket)!

Molly Page said...

Love your shoes! Way to jump out of your comfort zone.

Can't wait to hear about the clothing swap. They are sooooo much fun. Hope you find lots and lots of fun stuff.

Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

Rebecca said...

I like that you paired the stripes with greens and browns. It makes the stripes stand out nicely.

Anonymous said...

What kind of hose are you wearing, your legs look great! I rarely go without them myself (pasty skin, veins, etc.) and I don't like when so-called "fashion experts" tell me I can't wear them!

archives vintage said...

now that im seeing everyone's posts, i wish i'd participated! love how you styled your stripes. good steal on the shoes, too ;)

Brittney said...

i love this--especially the pop of stripe at the end of your sleeve. so whimsical and a perfect pairing with your shoes and everything else. fabulous.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog)

archives said...

now that im seeing everyone's posts, i wish i'd participated! love how you styled your stripes. good steal on the shoes, too ;)