-

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mr. Kors, I salute you!

I will admit to you that I am a big Project Runway fan.  Most of the times I agree completely with Michael Kors and every once in awhile, I wonder what planet he is on.  Does he really still believe that Gretchen was the right winner last season....

I digress...

Michael Kors was featured in the February issue of InStyle magazine and he gave a list of his ten commandments.  Now I figure a guy that has been around the fashion industry for 30 years must have a least a little bit of wisdom.


I think my point is proven with his #1 commandment....


"The age rules are foolish.  Don't dress to go with your age.  Dress to go with your body.  So much depends on your self-image!  I know women over 49 who love their legs and girls 29 who hate their arms.  So don't let those rules dictate what you wear."


How refreshing to hear this, especially for those of us that are not 29!  I totally agree that you should dress for your body no matter how old you are.  I think that if you do that~you will not have to worry about dressing too young or too old.  

Thank you Mr. Kors for your wisdom on this matter!


I took a risk here because the pattern blouse I am wearing is made up of browns, pinks and purples.  I think the red actually blends quite nicely and gives a nice pop to the muted shades in the blouse

I brought out the brown cords and boots to add a little edge to the water color design of the blouse and the ruffles.
Not sure what look I am going for with that crazy facial expression
Love the necklace?  It is actually 3 different ones.  Now that my jewelry is organized it was fun picking out jewelry and I couldn't seem to stop adding necklaces.  
(pictures of organized jewelry to come this weekend)

water color blouse-ATL
red sweater-J.Crew
brown cords-GAP
gold necklace-?
pink/brown necklace-Target
red necklace-Handpicked
watch-Fossil
boots-Mossimo via Target

don't forget to enter the giveaway
it will end on Sunday

10 comments:

Stacey Kay said...

Great blouse!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.goodwillhuntingg.com

Runway Inspiration: Wunderkind

Joy said...

I think that sweater looks great with that blouse! It blends fabulously!! You are always so cute!

LaToya said...

That blouse is super adorable! Great job pairing it with the cardi - super cute layering!

Hugs,
http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

I like the boots.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I quite love the red with it! And I super heart your boots!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Brett, I love this blouse!! I am wearing a Michael Kors sweater today. He really does know how to dress women...I read that entire article and underlined many of his quotes because they were so good. You selected one of the best ones.

Unknown said...

Love that plaid blouse with the red. you made me laugh, tho--taking risks with the pink and the red....my ideas of taking risks are quite different from yours! On michael Kors; I was really disappointed in that dress of his he had on Jessica Simpson at the end of the season....but I am always attracted to his clothes inthe stores!

Anonymous said...

the blouse is most definitely my favorite part of this outfit. If you hadn't mentioned the color palette in the blouse, I wouldn't even have noticed that there was no read in it!

Sarah {Raving Fashionista} said...

That ruffle detail on the blouse paired with the red sweater is fantastic, and looks great on you! Great pairing.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Brett, I love this blouse!! I am wearing a Michael Kors sweater today. He really does know how to dress women...I read that entire article and underlined many of his quotes because they were so good. You selected one of the best ones.