-

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Things We Do For Beauty

I have a friend, D.  She convinced my friend, C. and I that if we started waxing our legs on a regular basis that by summer we wouldn't have to shave nearly as much.  C. and I took the bait!
Thursday we went to the salon and had our first waxing.  Now, I have had "other" parts waxed and I have to say, I am extremely lucky, because it doesn't really hurt to me.  The legs were no different.  Just a slight sting and I was fine.  C. on the other hand experienced a slightly bit more pain than I did. (love ya C.)
The thing I was most shocked about was that my legs were not baby soft and smooth like I thought they would be.  Maybe it takes a few more times, we will see.  It's been a long time since I had baby smooth skin, so that boat might have sailed.
Would love to hear your experience's in this arena!

My casual, salon wear...

I actually stole this look from a J.Crew catalog.  Are you shocked??
They did the look in red, I went with the colors in my closet.
Check out the cute updo... curtesy of Angela @ ELL

I was so warm and cozy all day and in my head I looked just as fabulous as the J.Crew model.  I did try to avoid mirrors so as not to spoil said image!


Seriously, look at the death grip I have on the chair!


plaid shirt-Old Navy
gray turtleneck-GAP
blue sweats-Old Navy
converse tennis shoes-Target
earrings-gifted
watch-gifted

Time is running out
Have you entered the giveaway yet?

10 comments:

Lise Marie said...

You really do look very J Crew today. And (lots of years in the salon) The first time you don't always get the soft feeling. It will come the more you do it and it comes back softer and less of it. but who cares! You look gorgeous anyway.

Judy C said...

It seems to me that pulling hair out by the roots would really hurt. You are lucky that it doesn't.

Sarah said...

ooh I love this outfit. As far as the waxing goes I'm a total baby and my eyes tear up when I just think about going back and getting waxed. For me shaving makes my legs a lot smoother though, just my personal preference, avoid pain and have smooth legs WIN WIN!
Wearing It On My Sleeves

momof3 said...

Yes the leg waxing was so painful that if you hadn't been there Brett I'd have left with half a leg done--seriously! I can't believe you sat there like you were having a pedi! Yet I have the rash (yes lovely) and stubble to show for it...ah well like you said "the things we do for beauty"....I AM rethinking my commitment to more waxing (torture) next week!!

Deborah said...

I've waxed my legs one time. I didn't love it!

But after shaving? Smooooooooth yes?

I'll take a salon pedi though!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I've never waxed my legs and it is just too late to start!! But, you look very pretty in your J.Crew outfit!! You really captured the look.

Anonymous said...

I'll be very curious to see how this experiment turns out. My mother went through chemotherapy many years ago and the hair on her legs never returned!

On the other hand, my oldest step-son tried to wax the entirety of his chest at once, rather than in 4 x 4 sections--with hilarious, although painful results!

Unknown said...

I don't even know what my legs look like (yet) ;)
Thanks for alll your comments.
I have been really bad at reciprocating as of late. so sorry!
The coat the other day was a fur-like naterial, but was kind of 'crushed' like velvet?
Thanks so much for visiting me and i truly appreciate each and every one of your comments, it always makes my day !
xXx
Reva

Kileen said...

i love the layers and blue looks so good on you! you're lucky waxing doesn't hurt for you. i'm screaming in pain everytime (although i've learned to scream on the inside to avoid a scene).

cute and little
come join the Color Brigade!

momof3 said...

Yes the leg waxing was so painful that if you hadn't been there Brett I'd have left with half a leg done--seriously! I can't believe you sat there like you were having a pedi! Yet I have the rash (yes lovely) and stubble to show for it...ah well like you said "the things we do for beauty"....I AM rethinking my commitment to more waxing (torture) next week!!