-

Monday, August 8, 2011

Ain't No Sunshine!

Happy Monday all!
We are back from our whirl wind trip to the beach and college visit.
Sadly for us the whole time we were there the weather was stormy.
I am talking black sky, thunder and lightening while on the campus tour!

The clouds did break for about an hour and half and we scooted down to the beach as quick as we could.
Even though the weather was terrible we had a great time, some great food and son2 loved the campus.
I have worn this maxi many times but this was the first time I wore brown accessories with the dress.  
I really liked the contrast of the blue and brown. 
The necklace is not in these pictures because honestly I had taken it off so it wouldn't get ruined in the rain.
Don't you just love the look of beach hair?
Sadly with all of the wind my bun had come tumbling down and what I had left was a hot mess.
I will say the water felt fabulous! 
The perfect temperature.  
There were tons of surfers out and they looked like they were enjoying the big waves the bad weather had brought in.

How was your weekend? 
Did you do anything super fun?

maxi-Steinmart
earrings-Anthro
watch-etsy
sandals-Nordstrom

10 comments:

Natalie said...

This maxi dress is divine on you!  Fantastic color and fit!

Stacey said...

That looks like fun inspite of the rain.  Bet you loved every minute.

Kristin & Megan said...

That maxi is gorgeous on you! Did you take down your hair and end up with beachy waves?

Tinfoil Tiaras said...

There's something about a beach on a stormy day that feels so romantic and I love the patterns of this maxi dress.  I hate the worst hair week when in Hawaii, it was full of sand and felt like straw!

Rebecca said...

Blue and brown is one of my favorite color combos.

silvrgurl said...

Yes, the trip turned out to be great in spite of the weather

silvrgurl said...

Did u ever see the beach episode of Friends where Monica's hair tripled in size? That was more like what mine did. lol

silvrgurl said...

Yea, I never seem 2 pull off the beautiful beach hair look. I think it just a myth! lol Can't wait 2 hear and see more abt Hawaii

silvrgurl said...

Thanks so much!

WendyB said...

Love the maxi! Suits you well.