-

Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Morning Blues

This post will be short because I am suffering from post fun depression and the weather here is gloomy and raining.  That is not helping the depression at all.

As most of you know I went home to Louisiana for my 30 year high school reunion this weekend.  It was just so much fun, people were so nice and honestly we all looked pretty darn good for old people! 

I stayed at my mother's home and her house is on the Ouachita River (pronounce the O like a W). 
Here is the view from the balcony off of my room.
 The weather was extrememly nice. 
 I had prepared for the worst, but it wasn't too hot or humid. 
That night at the football game it was kind of close to actual football weather.
Please excuse my pictures,
 I was taking them by myself with my camera propped up on a bench with pillows.
  Not your ideal photo op situation.
I went sleeveless because of my fear of the heat and humidity
 and wore my wide leg jeans. 
 I have on my Target wedges and accessorized with some bold earrings and  bracelet. 
 It turned out to be the perfect outfit!
I will have a full recap on the actual weekend soon.
 Right now I am still trying to catch up on sleep and getting my house back to normal. 
 I am telling you that if something happens to me ~ son2 and husband will end up on an episode of "Hoarders".
 I won't count son1 out on that but, he wasn't around this weekend.

I hope everyone had a great weekend as well.

top-Banana Republic
jeans-GAP
wedges/bracelet-Target
Earrings-Handpicked
belt-icing

5 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You look fabulous...I am sure you were the envy of all the women at the reunion!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic outfit! You must have really knocked them dead:)

Julie

The Closet Shopper said...

I stalked you on facebook all weekend. It looked like you were having the best time EVER. I'm so happy for you. Love the outfit. It really is perfect.

Get some rest.

xoxo,
Tracy

Unknown said...

Love the colors!
I too am up for the big 30, and may actually go this time as I feel (finally) confident enough to see 'those' people again!
(I hung out on the smoking patio my senior year and just gave up on the whole competition thing that happens in High School)
I am now more "a part of' society than back then.
Looking foreward to more photos!
xXx
Reva

WendyB said...

I'm so into wide-leg jeans! And I still say you should go sleeveless often!