-

Monday, October 17, 2011

Blogger Darling of the Day

It is time for this month's Blogger Darling of the Day.
This month Kayla from Freckles In April is our featured blogger.
I got to know Kayla when she hosted the 21 Day Challenge.  She did a great job with that challenge and made getting dressed in the end summer days fun and exciting.
Things Kayla would like you to know about her: 

She is left-handed.
She is a Lost-loving freckled girl born in April.
She blogs about food, fashion and anything else she feels like.
Here are Kayla's answers to our Blogger Questions featured each month...

1. Favorite color of socks to wear?
None! I live in AZ where socks are worn pretty much on Christmas day and that's only if you're feeling really festive. I think I own 2 pairs of socks and they're boring sport socks I use for running.
 
2. What reality TV show would you want to be on?
This is kind of sad, but I don't really know many reality shows. We have a TV but it isn't hooked up to anything so it's movies or nothin' at our house.

3. What is your favorite daily thing to wear?
Makeup! Even when I feel like junk, I always put on makeup. It's my secret for getting over colds faster and surviving nasty pregnancy nausea. As soon as my face feels pretty then the rest of me feels better too.

4. Who do you think is the best dressed man in Hollywood?
I just saw a slide show on GFY of Ryan Gosling through the years and, you know? He's come a long way. I don't know that he's the best dressed but I think he's as daring as you can get while still owning male parts and not being Johnny Depp. He's fun to watch.

5. Who do you think is the worst dressed woman in Hollywood?
Oh heavens, I don't know. Does Paula Abdul count? Because I don't think I've liked anything she's worn for the past 10 years.

6. How do you organize your closet?  color, type of clothing etc
I organize by color! I'm not super OCD about it or anything but it is in ROYGBV order. I tend to dress by color so it makes my life easier.

7. If you could dress like any TV character, who would it be?
Chuck from Pushing Daisies for sure. My husband and I are going to dress as her and Ned for Halloween. Unfortunately, her style doesn't really suit my body type so my runners up would be Angela or Camille from Bones. If I had a nickel for every time I did a screen grab so I could check out their outfits more closely...

8. What is your favorite accessories excluding shoes?
I love a good pair of earrings. Big but not too big. I have a pair of these metal feather earrings from Etsy and I wear them 3 or 4 times a week. 

9. Is there any outfit that you have EVER worn that still haunts you to this day?
I was a really awkward 6th grader. REALLY awkward. And I wore the same thing every day. I'm not sure if I just didn't like the rest of my clothes or what but I wore the same jeans and shirt every day for a really long time. I think it was like a wearable security blanket for me but I cringe when I remember that.

10. What celebrity/fashion icon would you want to take with you on a shopping spree?
Zooey Deschanel. Not only because I love her style but also because I think she would just be really fun to hang out with! And I might force her to take me to her stylist so I could steal her hair cut and secrets.
Thanks to Kayla for coming over to Silvergirl and hanging out for a day.

Don't forget to check out her blog Freckles In April when you get a moment.



6 comments:

Style Journey said...

Such a cute and fun post! Kayla is definitely a stylish lady. My closet is ROYGBV too! It does make getting dressed much easier :)

Heather

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I was not familiar with Kayla...she is so cute..she does not need to worry about advice from celebrities..they could learn from her!

Rebecca said...

I always like finding new bloggers!

The Closet Shopper said...

Are you sure she's a regular person like us? She looks like a model. I thought you had pasted pictures from a professional website today. Like those pictures that are already in the frame?

She's gorgeous. And I love her style. I'm going to check out her site now.

I hope Vegas was amazing.

xo,
Tracy

Unknown said...

As a fellow red headed freckled gal I love Kayla's blog! She is beautiful and always dressed immaculately!

Collette Osuna said...

Shes adorable...Ill have to check her out:)


Statements In Fashion: A Funky Little Fashion Blog