-

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Little Mustard Please!

Do you ever get a brain freezer when you walk into your closet to get dressed in the morning? That happened to me yesterday. I knew I wanted to wear a certain pair of pants but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what top to wear.
See the great detailing on these pants and I love the pattern as well.
I grabbed a multi hued brown sweater to put with it.
I rarely wear all brown and wasn't that pleased with the look.
Then I remembered seeing a photo in Lucky Mag just the other day where they had paired a mustard cardi with an all brown outfit.
My problem was solved!
I love the mix of textures, pattern and colors in this outfit.
I decided to go with an oxford shoe since my pants had that menswear feel to them.
Added the awesome safety pin necklace from Stylemint and was good to go.
What are your tricks when you get stuck trying to think of something to wear?
Are you a planner and have your outfit ready to go the night before or just go with the flow that day?

sweater-so old I couldn't tell you
pants-Loft
cardi-GAP
oxfords-Aldo
necklace-Stylemint

13 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

You lok great with this pop of color...mustard isnt an easy color to wear....you however, wear it well:)

I have on a similar pair of pants today, very cool:)

A Funky Little Fashion Blog

Style Journey said...

I am wearing a mustard cardi today. It's such a pretty color for fall. Great choice adding the oxfords with your pants.

I am a planner so all clothes get planned the night (or week) before. I am kind of OCD about that, lol! Heather

Matilda Joyce said...

I think I know what I want to wear every morning, but sometimes I put it on and an outfit that worked in my imagination doesn't work in real life, and then it's back to the drawing board... and to the closet.

I covet those oxfords... Talbots had a pair I wanted this fall and I didn't get to them before my size/color sold out.

Bravoe Runway said...

I like mustard cardigan and the glen plaid pants! I think it looks fantastic and you should send this picture to Lucky Magazine along with that inspiration photo!

The Closet Shopper said...

Both. I do both. Sometimes I plan the night before. Sometimes I plan while lying in bed before dozing off. Sometimes I frantically choose right before I leave the house. I hate doing that one.

That color is crazy cool. Great outfit.

xo,
Tracy

LyddieGal said...

a splash of mustard is just what this look needed! I love the mix!

Chic on the Cheap

TaraMixandMatch said...

Mustard is the perfect color for this time of year...I think you made the right choice :)

Mix and Match Fashion

Rebecca said...

The yellow cardigan is cute. I have the same problem, especially when the weather is transitioning from warm to cold.

Monica and Whitney said...

I love the mustard!

Monica @Ask the Duplex

Sam said...

Sporty and stylish - looks great!
Thanks for your comment, have a lovely day!

Deborah said...

That color is so vibrant it looks like you colorized each shot with the yellow!

Love it.

Emmett Katherine said...

Mustard is one of my fave fall colours (the other being maroon). Great choice adding the cardigan.

On those difficult days when I can't think of something to wear I usually grab one of my Dave dresses and go from there!

Ashley said...

Gutsy! I like it. I never would have thought to put all those pieces together. You look stylin' in the them, though. The oxfords add a very nice touch.

I'm currently in one of those "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR1!!1!1" phases. I'm just not inspired. But I have the day off tomorrow so I think I'm going to go through my closet and pull my outfits for next week, so I won't have that problem again.