-

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Polka Polka Dot

On Superbowl Sunday we had a couple of friends over for the big game.
I really wasn't into either team at the beginning of the game, so I decided to dress with no Team Alliance.
Pink, black and white. 
Hey, give me a football team with those colors and I might become a life long fan.
I have been seeing polka dot on polka dot quite a bit in the blogosphere and on Pinterest,
so I thought I would give it a try.
I was also inspired to pair the polka dot sweater and white cords by Bessie over on Bravoe Runway.
So, I guess you could say this outfit was quite a group effort!
I went with the Laura Petrie hairstyle again and added some big bold earrings.
What is your opinion of the polka dot on polka dot look?
Too much of a good thing?
Have you worn it or would you wear it?

Polka dot blouse-F21
Polka dot sweater-Old Navy
White cords-J.Crew
Flats-Target
earrings-Handpicked
random bracelets

17 comments:

Pamela said...

I think you really made the double dots work! And I agree, if a team came up with a cute polka dot jersey, I'd be all over it!!

Ashley said...

I really dig this and I think you pulled it off perfectly! Makes me want to try it now...I just have to find the right pieces...

Unknown said...

You can never have too many polka dots in my book! I love the hot pink and cute scarf- I'm with you, show me any sport team with hot pink and I'm their biggest fan!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

So cute...love the dots!!

WendyB said...

Polka dots are cheery.

The Closet Shopper said...

Oh yeah! Double dotties! You look so super cute. This is a great outfit.

xo,
Tracy

TaraMixandMatch said...

Love it...I want to do something similar with my navy sweater, but need a polka dot blouse first!

Jordan Cole said...

I NEED THAT SWEATER!!! Super preppy and I love it. That's the best thing about fashion, if you want to be rocker one day you can, boho another you can, pretty the next...you can!!

J9 STYLE said...

Love the polka on polka! What a cute look! I did a double polka look here: http://bit.ly/x2ZTar
So cute!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Diggin' the polka dot on polka dot pairing!

Jeannie @ gracefully50 said...

It works!! The look is fun, and the pink is very flattering on you. Great outfit!

Shybiker said...

Whoa! You knocked me backwards with this one!

I like it. It has lots of punch and that's a good thing.

Cara said...

oohh I love the double dots, this is actually the first time I'm seeing them together and I think I want to give this a try. Really cute, and love your loafers too!

Annie said...

LOVE it! And the pink looks so good on you :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Deborah said...

Pink really is your color. I adore polka dots!

Bonnie said...

I love some polka-dot action -- especially in pink!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Unknown said...

Double polka dots are awesome. I'd do it. I've also done double plaid.