-

Friday, April 13, 2012

A Little Nautical

Sorry for the super short post yesterday.
I really hadn't thought the whole dilated eyes thing through.
It truly is annoying.
This is before the dreaded eye doctor appointment.
I have been wanting to wear this look for awhile and hadn't because this cute little top was in my spring/summer clothes.  
yea, me for jumping the gun and putting all of my warm weather clothes in my closet.
I actually didn't even realize how many different pictures of this look were on my inspiration board that I keep in my closet.
So now I have re-created the look and will definitely wear it again.
It can easily be re-worked for summer without the blazer and is such a classic look.

Is there a look that you keep putting off creating?
Why?

stripe top,watch-gifted
blazer-Loft
red skinnies-Old Navy
flats-Anne Klein 
bracelet-Versona
earrings-accessory swap
necklace-Belk

16 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

This is a great look and I love the LOFT jacket! I need to go to the eye doctor...not fun, but necessary!

The Closet Shopper said...

This look is fantastic. I'm pretty sure I've done it and will do it again. I really love your flats! They're great.

To answer your question, we don't really do anything to special on Friday the 13th. We just all call Victor and wish him a happy day! We're going to see The Hunger Games after work. Really excited to see it.

xo,
Tracy

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

I love those red skinnies - you look aweseome! Have a great weekend!

Sarah Hartley said...

Aw, I love this. You can never go wrong with a nautical look!
Sarah
www.comingunstitched.com

Anonymous said...

I love nautical look AND anything with blazer! My kind of outfit..so pretty!

~Jeannie

Shybiker said...

Very cute outfit. Worth repeating.

Peggy said...

Love your leopard flats!

Laura said...

This is a great look on you! I need to bite the bullet and get a pair of pants that arent black!

Dawn said...

Brett I read your comment about the thrift stores smelling like something that does not appeal to you. Goodwill does remedy that with air fresheners that are located in different areas of the store making it bearable. I took my grandmother to the thrift one time and she was suddenly missing from the store. I looked everywhere for her but found her outside gagging. lol. I do understand but I douse my clothing in meyer's lavender fabric softener..I hope I don't smell like the old cat lady at the thrift...!!! Love how your red jeans fit and the blazer is a great pairing. Have a great weekend, darling. p.s. thanks for donating to gw...

TaraMixandMatch said...

Great combo, that blazer is perfect on you!

Unknown said...

All you need is a yacht! And maybe a nice sunset over the water, too.

Guess what! I still don't have red pants, but I got pink pants!

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

Love the skinnies - I have really been enjoying my own colored jeans this season.

Bravoe Runway said...

I like the nautical look and similarly to you, I have some inspirations for something similar but I keep putting it off because it is too cold for that look. I got your email Brett and thank you :) I'll have the responses back to you by the deadline.

Emily said...

I love your look! I so need some red pants!!
Creamy

Tiffany said...

This is such a classicly chic look! I love it!!

Annie said...

Love this - the navy & red look great with the stripes :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray