-

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

It has been quite a week and personally, I am glad it is almost over.
Bonus that it is ending on a nice holiday weekend.
Awkward:
  • Getting yelled at by the pedicurist for using navy blue nail polish on my toes.
  • Washing the floor mats and putting them out in the sun to dry when all of a sudden a storm rolls in and you are not around to bring the mats back inside.
  • Lady in Walmart stops in the middle of the main aisle, picks up her two liter bottle of Ginger Ale, opens it up and starts drinking it right there.
  • Husband breaking an antique lamp that we have had forever.
  • Getting the crap scared out of you by a harmless, helpless little frog.  Why are they lurking in a dark garage in the middle of an electrical storm anyway.
 Awesome:
  • Getting new couches for our family room.
  • Son2's quote under his senior picture in the yearbook.  His quote was..."Quote".
  • Getting free plants from the neighbors
  • Eating my first watermelon of the season!!
  • Stating The Game of Thrones books
 Stripes and chambray. 
 Two of my favorite things.
Just a comfy, casual look to keep me warm in the freezing air conditioning.

Got a an awkward or awesome moment to share?
Love to hear it.

chambray shirt-Banana Republic
stripe sweater-Loft
jeans-Old Navy
sandals-GAP
bracelet-Walmart 
necklaces-hand me downs

16 comments:

TaraMixandMatch said...

Such cute layering!

Rebecca said...

Yesterday, he woman in front of my in line at Target opened up a bag of chips and started eating them.

Leslie said...

Guessing the lady at Walmart was really thirsty ;) and ya never know what's going to hop in front of you!

When my son was 7 he brought home a baggy full of about 100 baby tree frogs. Wanting to show daddy prior to their release, input them in a plastic covered critter catcher. At about 2 a.m we heard a crash. My cat pushed the container off the counter and frogs were everywhere. We attempted to capture as many as possible .. Months later, various house guests would be using the restroom and a little frog would hop by... Awkward

Anonymous said...

Cute photos! What's wrong with blue polish?
Have a great holiday weekend!

Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Really cute post! Your son's comment under his annual photo is hilarious. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm on the 3rd Hunger Games book- once you start you can't stop- so addictive! I will admit to starting to eat groceries before getting to the checkotut but chugging a 2L pop- that's People of Walmart stuff! Love the red shoes & the top and "quote"- love it!

LyddieGal said...

I love your stripes and chambray!
Hope you weekend is filled with more awesome than awkward!
Chic on the Cheap

Unknown said...

I like your blog, I like your style, everything is fine!
If you like my blog, we can follow each other)))

double-ganger.blogspot.com/

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah said...

Walmart! I laughed out loud reading that!

Have I mentioned this before? I really love Awesome and Awkward.

Laura said...

lol on "quote". Nothing suprises me when it comes to Walmart! Let me know how you like Game of Thrones I am 68% done. Have a great weekend Brett! You look mighty patriotic!

Unknown said...

I'm excited for the weekend, too. Going to sleep, eat... relax! Have a good weekend!

Taylor Gilmore said...

I love the stripes and chambray. I also wear blue on my toes when the mood strikes. Happy Holiday!

Unknown said...

THIS is very much my style. I think you look gorgeous!

A Preponderance of Fashion

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

I liked your navy blue polish!