-

Friday, June 1, 2012

MAXImize the Stripes

Happy Friday!
We are celebrating at our house today, because it is son2's last ever Friday of high school.
Unfortunately, it is also the first day of the dreaded final exams.
I have had this dress in my closet for awhile
 and
 just have not worn it. 
 I am not sure what I was waiting for. 
 I think the colors in it are so fun
 and 
of course stripes are always fabulous.
Love the dress, but not crazy about the little tie at the waist.  When I bought the dress and brought it home I know I paired a belt with it,
 but I couldn't remember which belt and was running late.
  The belt will be for another day.
I kept everything relatively simple, just adding some statement earrings and a single bracelet.
I can't wait until I have more time to try and accessorize this maxi a little more.

Do you ever have an item just sitting in your closet waiting to be worn?
I am usually a "as soon as I purchase it, I wear it kind of girl".


maxi dress-TJ Maxx
sandals-Edelman
earrings-Handpicked
bracelet-Target

14 comments:

TaraMixandMatch said...

The dress is perfect! Congrats to your son!

The Closet Shopper said...

It's a great maxi. The colors are fab. Those Edelman sandals are fab. I think you styled it perfectly. I definitely belt these types of dresses because the tie always hits me at the wrong part of my torso making me look strange. Or even more strange.

XO,
Tracy

Unknown said...

I wait to wear very few items... in fact, if I do it usually means I forgot about it because I bought it on super clearance and it's really out of season. I'd love to find a striped maxi. All the ones I've found this year are very clingy, and that's definitely not what I want for summer.

Unknown said...

I was just reminiscing about High School the other day- hope son2 does well on his finals! Love your striped maxi -the colours are great on you and with a belt it would look even fiercer ;)

Peggy said...

congrats to your son! I love the striped maxi- cute!

Leslie said...

Brett,

Congrats!! A new chapter :)

The maxi is super cute. I love those during the warm summer weather.

leslie

Pamela said...

That dess is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress! I usually keep purchases in my closet to wear them at the "right moment", but sometimes I'll go six months never wearing it! It's a bad habit.

J9 STYLE said...

Oops! That is my comment above. I accidentally hit Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

Ah great colors!!!

Coco
www.cocorrina.com

The Style Crone said...

The maxi looks great on you and your sandals pick up the orange perfectly.

Something can sit in my closet a LONG time before I wear it if I don't have the ideal hat to wear with it.

Unknown said...

i'm like j9...one to keep the tags on stuff until the "right moment". love the dress and sandals!

Sarah Hartley said...

First this has stripes, which I love. Then it's a maxi, which I love. And then it has POCKETS, which I love times one million. Gorgeous!

Dawn said...

Brett! This dress is gorgeous on you. Have fun with your sons and in Florida. See you when you return. Stay off the swivel chair! dawn suitcase vignettes xo