-

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

That Girl!

How many of you out there remember the TV show, That Girl?
It starred Marlo Thomas (most of you might know her better as Rachel's mom on Friends or Phil Donahue's wife) and ran from 1966 to 1971.
I didn't really ever watch the original series, but have seen it in re-runs.
I have always loved her style, even when it wasn't in style.
This dress totally reminds me of something Marlo might have worn on that show.
It definitely gives off that 60's vibe. 
 With the classic shift shape, the drop waist
 and the color blocking with the geometric design.
I just love this dress and in fact when I was walking around with it,
 two people asked me where I found it in the store.
I picked this little number up at the brand new
 JCPenny Concept Store 
 that just opened here about 3 weeks ago. 
 I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the store and you will see a few more items I picked up there in the near future.

Do you know who Marlo Thomas is?
Have you ever seen an episode of That Girl!?

dress/ring/bracelet-JCPenny Concept Store
black t-GAP
boots-Jeffery Tyler

16 comments:

Curtise said...

I have never heard of That Girl, I'm afraid! But I love your dress, it definitely has a 60s Mondrian thing going on and I love the block of green in there with the monochrome. With the knee high boots, you look ready to go-go! xxx

Style Journey said...

I have never heard of the show, but your dress reminds me of something Twiggy the model would have worn. Like the mod look. So cute! Heather

Simply Bubblelicious said...

I loved that show!!!

Laura said...

I watched the show religiously. I wanted her hair! Alas my curly hair just wouldn't cooperate, but I tried!
Great outfit.

Jessi said...

Totally love this dress! Great colors and I love that pattern and the buttons! Super cute find!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Lol! Loved the show! How about The Flying Nun?!

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of Marlo Thomas or That Girl but if she dressed like you, I would love her! This dress is so vintage esque, you have a JC Penny concept store and we don't even have a JC Penny, not fair!

Teddi said...

yes, i've seen 'that girl" in reruns. i also like mary tyler moore. brett, that dress is super cute. i can see patty duke, from back in the day, wearing it too. the dress also reminds me of the movie, "valley of the dolls."

renae said...

Oh my gosh, Brett -- I LOVED MARLO THOMAS IN That Girl! That was so fun to read your post.

josep-maria badia said...

A beautiful dress and a gorgeous outfit with boots,

Annie said...

Love that dress Brett!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Laura said...

I love it and you nailed "That Girl". I watched the reruns as a kid too. Donald was just too cute to me back then! Have a good week Brett!

Bravoe Runway said...

In,I've this dress Brett! I have been to a jcp I. Years since we don't have any in downtown! I have seen episodes of that girl on nick at night

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

I've seen some reruns, too! love your dress and the colors.

Giovanna said...

Such a cute look! Loving the mod feel of your dress!!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

Dawn said...

I would have bought that dress, you look young, mod, and hip. You are young. I love the boots and this look on you Brett. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo