-

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Hello Thursday!
One day closer to a long festive weekend.
Awkward:
  • Going to the Lady Bits doctor.
  • Not realizing someone had spilled honey on the counter and putting my cell phone right in it. 
  • Draining a pot of pasta and having the boiling hot water splash onto your shirt.  I still have a red mark on my torso from the burn.
  • Your dog pooing the smelliest, stinkiest poo ever in the middle of Petsmart.  
  • Realizing that you watched season 5 of a TV show before you watched season 3 & 4.
 
 Awesome:
  • Darius Rucker finally came out with a new album.  Check it out!!
  • The magnolias are starting to bloom.
  • Son2 cooking 3 meals for us this week.  Coconut Shrimp, Pork Wellington and Pot Roast.
  • Getting RX sunglasses
  • Finding my long lost EOS lemon lip balm in an a purse I hadn't used since last summer.  The lemon flavor is the only one I know that  has SPF.
 
I wanted to showcase this fabulous purple statement necklace,
 so I went pretty subdued with the rest of the outfit. 
 A stripe dress is always a good thing
 and 
pairing it with the cropped white denim jacket just gives it that little extra something.
 Of course I had to pull out my rarely worn purple watch.

Let's hear if you had an awesome or awkward week in the comments!

stripe dress/jacket-GAP
sandals-JCPenny
necklace-Groopdealz
watch-gifted

13 comments:

Style Journey said...

Well since purple is my favorite color I LOVE your necklace and watch.

Awkward moment this week-going to a swim team meeting. We were the new people and everyone else knew everyone. They were all nice, but when we walked in they all stared at us! Heather

Chanda T said...

Love the outfit!

Akward moment was having my dausghters' eye balloon up to the size of a golf ball due to sinuses & my son getting wrongfully suspended for a day at school on the same day! Maybe not awkward, more like disturbing and draining! Hopefully the weekend will be a breeze! :)

Bangle Paradise said...

Magnifico!! Love your sandals! And def loving your whole style! Looking forward to reading more of your lovely articles!

I hope you can stop by our FB page and like us. Just followed via GFC. ☺
Bangle Paradise Facebook
www.bangleparadise.com

Carrie said...

I own the same dress - what a cute way to style it! The purple accents are great. I might have to copy-cat you. :)

Amber said...

Cute dress! Random fact- the video for Darius' song "Wagon Wheel" was shot in a town in my county. If there hadn't been a torrential downpour the day he shot it, I would've driven to try to meet him and the Duck Dynasty guys! I guess I can file that under awesome. ;-)

pastcaring said...

Love the cool grey/white outfit with the strong purple, lovely outfit, Brett. Can't wait till my kids cook something for me! xxx

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

I was laughing out loud at lady bits doctor. Ha! Love this pretty purple color scheme.

Alexandra Shook said...

I was just going to say how much I like your accessories in this post! I had an awesome (if super busy) week!

Shawna Walker said...

I love your lilac necklace with the stripes. So Chic!

www.soworkweekchic.blogspot.com

Beauty Follower said...

Lovely necklace & sandals!

http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

Teddi said...

brett you and your outfit are pleasant and pretty! boo to the awkward. hooray for the awesome.

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Cute cute! What series are you watching now?

dan said...

Your dress is so gracefull and the sandals are great with it!

Disqus for Silvergirl