-

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Maxi & Vest 2.0

My last foray into wearing a maxi dress and a vest didn't go so well.
I decided to try it again and after seeing how 
Penny Pincher Fashions styled her vest, I knew exactly how to pull this look off.
Why haven't I ever thought of pairing a statement necklace
 over a vest?  
Ingenious!
I went pretty matchy - matchy on the accessories which I don't do  too often,
 but since the dress had 4 different colors I just went with it.
I love everything about this maxi dress except that stupid drawstring waist.
  What dress designer thinks this is a good idea?? 
 The sad thing is that I have been noticing this trend a bit too much.

What do you think about the vest and statement necklace look?
Have you done this before?
  Is it something you would try now?

dress-TJMaxx
necklace-BaubleBar
sandals-Sam Edelman
bracelets-gifted/F21/Target

10 comments:

Style Journey said...

So cute Brett! I really like the necklace over the vest. Your hair looks great too. Heather

Lady of Style said...

The dress is awesome. You could easily replace the string by an elastic band (probably seamstress) and wear a nice belt instead. I think it would make all the difference.

Annette
Lady of Style

Unknown said...

i LOVE this look!!!

I've missed you! How'd that happen?
So happy to see you!!!!
You are looking soooo great :)
Hugs,
Reva

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

This is so cute! I love the colors in your dress and that statement necklace.

two birds said...

love this look!! and your hair looks amazing, i think!

josep-maria badia said...

A beautiful dress, jeans jacket is perfect for the look. I love your necklace.

Unknown said...

This is great-- I love how you did the necklace!

A lazy designer who doesn't use a fit model makes a dress with a drawstring waist. I agree, it's not the best idea... why not just leave it out? Ugh.

Teddi said...

oh pretty outfit A+, yes the statement necklace with the vest looks fab! :) drawstring things seem to get in my way. grr!

dan said...

I don't often wear a long vest, but yours looks great on you. I also like the necklace very much...

April Fashionreports said...

Love the dress
You look stunning!
Your blog is very inspiring
I'm following you now
Hope you can follow back!

Lots of love,

April Fashionreports
www.freakdelafashion.com