-

Monday, November 11, 2013

Inspiration Monday

Happy Monday Morning!
I hope everyone is doing well this fine Veteran's Day.

Today over on Two Birds our inspiration is Jessica Hart.
All I can tell you about her is that she is Australian and was in the Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Edition.
 Jessica is wearing such a classic look here. 
 I am pretty sure just about anyone can pull off this look.
Sadly, I don't own a traditional trench coat,
 but I do own this fabulous blue version.
I decided to put a twist on Jessica's look with 
the cowl neck sweater and added
 a plaid shirt for some interest.
I am not sure why I look so annoyed in this picture,
 because I was so happy to be using my new coffee mug that a friend gave me!! 


No Shop November Update
I confess that I broke down and bought a pair of shoes this weekend.
Someone posted a pair on Instagram that I had been looking for for about 2 months now.
They were on sale and I had a coupon. 
 They ended up being $13.
As son2 says, " I couldn't afford NOT to buy them"
I promise to do better for the rest of the month!!!

cowl neck sweater/plaid shirt-J.Crew
jeans-Gap
flats-ASH
trench-Coach
coffee mug-gifted

10 comments:

Style Journey said...

I really like your take on the inspiration. The trench coat is such a pretty color!

I almost broke this weekend because I saw a vest that I wanted but decided to be strong. It's soooooo HARD!!!

two birds said...

your son is right!! i love your take on the outfit. that blue coat is so fun, and you look so cozy!

Unknown said...

Love love love this blue coat! The plaid shirt you wore was totally genius, too.

Let's see the shoes!!

Brooke said...

I love the color of your coat! So pretty!

Unknown said...

I really like this outfit and yay for a new mug :)

Tina Bradley said...

Gorgeous, Brett! I adore the way you styled this! And...a shorter trench (Coach) is on my staples wish list! xo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

The Elle Diaries said...

Brett,
I like your version so much more. The blue is beautiful and interesting. Love the touch of plaid, You rocked this look!
XX, Elle
http://mydailycostume.com/2013/11/visual-interest-stripes-color-block/

Stylin' In St. Louis said...

I love your version! That trench! I need one in my life!
xo,
Jacqueline

stylininstlouis.com

No Fear of Fashion said...

Your son was right. Such a bargain and after looking for it for 2 months, you cannot pass that up.
I love this look and this coat on you. A bit spring-like. But really lovely.
Greetje

Teddi said...

brett, you definitely pulled off the look! your shoe purchase was a super price. plus it's not like it was an impulse buy. you had been searching for 2 months. knowing when to break your own rules has value too. ;)