-

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Goal-be more relaxed in front of camera

Yesterday I dressed super casual for two reasons... One, I was working in my studio all morning and in the afternoon I went treadmill shopping with son2.  You have to be comfortable to try out treadmills right! Two, I thought that if I was dressed in relaxing, comfy clothes, that maybe I would feel more relaxed in front of the camera.  I think my reasoning worked.  A little bit anyway.  I actually think I might becoming friends with the tripod and the camera. 


Fact about the jeans I am wearing. A couple of years ago I read in InStyle Magazine that the best fitting jeans for value were from Old Navy, the style was the Flirt.  These jeans were only $24.99!  You can bet that I immediately headed out to Old Navy to check this out for myself.  Guess what.  They were right.  These jeans really do have a great fit, they don't stretch out and they come in short, which is great for a 5'4" girl.  I would suggest trying on several pair in the same size because they are not all cut exactly the same.  Same goes for different colors. I would also suggest trying a size smaller than you usually wear in the black.  For some reason they seem to run bigger.  That is my "great jean on a budget" tip, so run out to Old Navy and try on a pair.
hoodie-Old Navy-spring-$20
orange t- Marshall's-Ralph Lauren-$19.99
jeans-Gap-$24.99
tennis shoes-Jack Purcell by Converse-Zappo's-$48
earrings-Handpicked-$12

2 comments:

Donna said...

thanks for the tip about the Old Navy jeans! a friend wear Not Your Daughter's Jeans but they are a little above what I wish to spend on jeans...after all, a girl needs other things too!

Donna said...

thanks for the tip about the Old Navy jeans! a friend wear Not Your Daughter's Jeans but they are a little above what I wish to spend on jeans...after all, a girl needs other things too!