-

Friday, November 19, 2010

Friend Friday

Starting this Friday I will be participating in a weekly question and answer survey along with other bloggers.  I will provide a link to send you to see what other bloggers are saying about this topic as well.

This week's subject is:
How much of blogging is coming up with your own content and how much is mirroring what we see others doing?

1. What are the 'unwritten rules' about copying content that we bloggers should all abide by?

I am new to blogging but I think you should never take credit for someone else's idea, someone else's pictures or someone else's catch phrase.  The whole reason for my starting a blog was for an outlet for my creativity.  If I am constantly copying someone else, where is my creativity?

2. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. But when is a post
imitation and when is it copying?

In my way of thinking an imitation is when you build off of an idea and add your own twist.  Kind of like brainstorming. Their idea led to triggering a thought you might have and then you go from there.   Copying is when one tries to reproduce the exact outcome. 


3. Taking another blogger's idea (perhaps for an outfit, or DIY tutorial) is pretty common in the blogging world. Do you think it is necessary to credit the original source?

Absolutely.  You need to not only give that person credit with a shout out, but link back to their original idea.


4. How have you improved your blog by comparing it to other blogs? Have you made changes due to something you have seen others doing?

Like I said, I am new to the blogging world, so I tend to study a blog site to see what they are doing.  Yes, my blog has improved because frankly I really jumped in without knowing how to swim.  I had no idea about so many things one could add to a blog or how to format a blog, etc.


I have made changes because I learned better ways to do things by observing others.

5. Have you ever had one of your posts copied by another blogger or publication?  How did you handle the situation?

As far as I know I have not had this happen


See what others are saying about this topic... click here (Modly Chic Blog)

No comments: