-

Friday, November 5, 2010

Not as pathetic as I thought

Yesterday morning I woke up after having dinner with friends and I thought what the what??  A Hangover?, really.  I only had a glass of wine with dinner and then an after-dinner drink.  I felt terrible, but I had a lot to do so, I got up, took some Tylenol and starting sipping a diet coke.  As the day went on I felt worse and worse.  I starting thinking, okay what is some good hangover food, maybe that's what I need.  The problem was ~ the more I thought about hangover food, the worse I felt.  Later that afternoon I walked into the kitchen where son2 was cooking...I couldn't get out of that kitchen fast enough!  Okay, I thought: time to put on your pj's and lay down.
4 hours later I woke up with a fever and chills.  Do you know the first thing I thought?  Hey, you don't get a fever with a hangover, I am not so sad and pathetic after all!!!!


So here is a look at my outfit of the day, before I traded it in for pj's.

The sweater and cords are dark plum, if you can't tell on your computer screen.  I opted for no necklace because I really like the neckline on this shirt.  It is a kind of twisted neckline.
Over-bright eyes and pale lips courtesy of stomach virus

So to anyone and everyone that I came into contact with yesterday... I am extremely sorry if you too wind up with this stomach virus.  I just didn't know that was what I had.

sweater-ATL-on sale-$20
shirt-Banana Republic-on sale-$9.99
plum cords-Gap-on sale-$39
set of 3 bracelets-Charlotte Russe-$12.95
earrings-Handpicked-$12
booties-Marshall's-$19.99-Rocket Dog

4 comments:

Angie said...

Lovely outfit ,Iliked the boots in particular.Get better soon!

tinyjunco said...

"...Hey, you don't get a fever with a hangover, I am not so sad and pathetic after all!!!!"

HA! funny how vanity sometimes makes you feel better. i've had similar thoughts myself! feel better quick : )

really nice, i love that plum with your coloring. nicely styled, too. steph

Unknown said...

Hi I am new here and its so true--sometimes the hangovers last a few days now and you dont know the difference between that and a virus!
Love the plum outfit--btw~and feel better soon!
Paula

tinyjunco said...

"...Hey, you don't get a fever with a hangover, I am not so sad and pathetic after all!!!!"

HA! funny how vanity sometimes makes you feel better. i've had similar thoughts myself! feel better quick : )

really nice, i love that plum with your coloring. nicely styled, too. steph