-

Friday, December 24, 2010

Friend Friday: Christmas Memories


This Friday we will be talking about Christmas Memories.


1. Your favorite holiday memory:
Where I grew up there was a neighborhood that was called, Christmas Card Lane at Christmas time.  Every house had a giant Christmas Card designed by the family in the front yard.  I loved getting into the backseat with Christmas cookies and hot chocolate and riding through the neighborhood. (this was pre-seatbelt law)

2. Were you ever a victim of those family Christmas party photo
shoots? What do you think about them now? Care to share an old photo?
There are a few of those pictures floating around.  The worse thing about them is the fashion!! and hair!!  What were we thinking?  I grew up in the 70's so just use your imagination! 


3. Best Christmas gift you ever gave:
Two Christmases ago we gave our sons a ski trip for Christmas.  We left on Christmas Eve and were on the slopes bright and early Christmas morning.  Santa's were all over the slopes.  My son's were teenagers and it was the best Christmas we had had since they were little and believed in Santa!  

4. Craziest/funniest holiday family tradition:
I am not sure this really counts as a family tradition, but my brother and I would always sneak into the living room and open our gifts under the tree.  I was very stealth about it and unwrapped and wrapped them back very carefully, but my brother... not so much!  He would get busted every year.

5. Favorite type of Christmas cookie: 
I like all Christmas cookies. I do not discriminate!! 

As long as I am being nostaligic...

If you would like to read about other people's Christmas memories visit Katy Rose's blog over at Modly Chic



No comments: