-

Friday, December 3, 2010

My Personal Holiday Challenge

Since I didn't participate in
I have decided to present myself with my own wardrobe mixing challenge.
Since it is December and all things sparkly, glittery and festive are the order of the day, I have decided to add something of this nature to my outfit each day .
Be it sequins, velvet, lace, satin, rhinestones or fur. I will try and incorporate something fabulous into my wardrobe daily for the month of Dec.  I cannot buy anything during this time to add to said wardrobe.   

(disclaimer: I did buy a pair of earrings yesterday.  I needed them for a Christmas party outfit.)

I started my challenge on Dec. 1 with the velvet pants and the faux pearls.  Now some of you might say, well , I would wear that any old day.  Remember this challenge is for me and I am pretty relaxed and casual, so for me, that was "fancy and festive". 
My sparkly, luxe, festive items from the last two days
 Yesterday I had on A DRESS, with a giant rhinestone brooch, lace tights and fur fringe on my scarf.  Again, you might say... so what, Brett?  Did you notice I said I was wearing a dress!!
I am excited to give this challenge a go and see what I can come up with.
I would love to hear your feedback and I promise... NO Christmas sweaters will be seen on this blog!

Outfit For Today
I do love my H&M sequin top!
Thanks to Joy from Southern Comfort 
for the t under the sequin tank idea.

 I think I see a trend in my pairing of dressy with casual
 I am now 3 days into my challenge, let me know what you think.
Thanks to Kendi for her inspiration!
These beads photographed as gold,
they are more of a bronze color in real life

white T- Banana Republic
swquin top- H&M
puffer vest-pass along from friend's daughter
pants-ATL
earrings-Handpicked
bracelet-H&M
watch-The Jewel Box
shoes-Aldo

Photobucket

6 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love your pictures...the sequined top...your hair...and the idea of a sparkly Christmas challenge! Bronze colors have been my favorites for the last year. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am looking forward to sharing more ideas with you!!

Joy said...

Woohoo for sparkly, dressy, fancy things! I think this is an awesome challenge for you. I don't think it's going to be hard, though.

And you look great in the sequins. Didn't it feel good to see the sparkly all day long?

Anonymous said...

Woot woo!! You know I love our H&M sequins top!! YAY!! IT is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!
YAY for your challenge too! i cant wait to see your posts!!

XX

Ashley said...

GREAT outfit! I want something similar to your top for the holidays, but probably won't get one since I'm trying to curb my spending. And YAY, I'm so glad to hear that no Xmas sweaters will be found here...ha, ha!

Unknown said...

I love these photos and the outfit is gorgeous as well :)
you are so beautiful and i wish my hair would go your color, it's perfection.
you remind me of Emmy-Lou Harris, another great beauty!

RETRO REVA said...

I love these photos and the outfit is gorgeous as well :)
you are so beautiful and i wish my hair would go your color, it's perfection.
you remind me of Emmy-Lou Harris, another great beauty!