-

Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh, How I Love Pink!

If you read my Friend Friday questions, you know that I am a pink lover.
I always think of that line in Steele Magnolias where Shelby says, "Pink is my signature color" (please read in heavy southern accent!)  I wouldn't go that far.  My wedding colors were blue, not pink and there is only one room in my house that has any pink in it.  So, pink may not be my signature color, but I do love it!
It can be fun, soft, bold, romantic, feminine, cheerful and melencholy.  Not too many other colors can be all of those things.  Maybe that is why I love the color so much.  Depending on the shade of pink it can go with any mood you are in.

Do you have a favorite color?  Why is it your favorite color?
Check out the legs.  
No those are not tights,
they are thigh high socks.
I got them at Target on clearance for $1. 
Would I buy them again, even for $1 -
probably not. LOL
As you can see the tops of my socks are showing, 
in lies the problem with thigh high socks...
they do NOT stay up.
I decided to add red as my accent color today. 
I think red and pink are so great together and now that ya'll have encouraged me that I can pull red off~
I might be adding more to the wardrobe. 
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend, 
whether you are celebrating V'day early
or 
just bumming around!
shirt & skirt-Banana Republic
socks-Target
belt-Brighton
watch-The Jewel Box
necklace & earrings-Handpicked

12 comments:

Deborah said...

I am LOVING your gray skirt!

Unknown said...

Love your outfit ... your thigh-high socks are interesting! Not sure I'd dare to attempt it myself, but it sure adds pizazz to your look.

Stacey said...

Looking good! The pink and red is great.

The Closet Shopper said...

i read it with the heavy accent right away. totally cracked me up.

i love pink with red too. great skirt.

have a wonderful weekend.

xo,
tracy

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Cuuuuuute! I'm a big fan of electric blue. It always makes me feel good when I wear it!

Joy said...

So your wedding was not blush and bashful? ;)

I think this outfit is so very cute, even the socks. But I can see where the thigh high socks would be annoying.

And I think we all know my fave color is red!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

This outfit is so cute. Good thing pink is your color because it is loving you


Write it in lipstick

Anonymous said...

I like the socks...but I think it would bug me. The jewelry is beautiful.

salwar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Wow what a great outfit to get into the Valentines Day mood! I think the socks are so fun (and for $1 you really can't go wrong!) My favourite colour is purple but my favourite colour to wear is black (universally flattering!) Have a great weekend! xo Emily

Linda said...

Yes! Pink and red look wonderful together!
The thigh highs are fun, even if they fall down all day...
The Auspicious Life

Joy said...

So your wedding was not blush and bashful? ;)

I think this outfit is so very cute, even the socks. But I can see where the thigh high socks would be annoying.

And I think we all know my fave color is red!