-

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dim The Lights, Close The Curtain, It's A Wrap!

Yesterday was my last day for the 30 for 30 challenge!!!
I am so happy to have completed it.  It was a lot harder than I thought, because of the change of weather and my attention span. I know that I am not a person that needs lists and routines, but this challenge really hit home the fact that I do like to kind of fly by the seat of my pants and be spontaneous.  
I am glad that I did the challenge.  The not shopping for 30 days made me realize how important it is to really assess your wardrobe and make a list of the items you really need to enhance what you already have.
I also realized that I really suck in the shoe shopping department.  I kind of knew it, but this challenge really opened my eyes to the fact that I need help in this area!

So here is my last outfit for the 30 for 30 challenge:
Me doing the happy dance!
I was going for comfort and ease here. 
The scarf I have on has peacock feathers on it.
  I love this scarf with the denim.
Oh yea, did I mention that son1 came home from college on Saturday?
Good to have him home for a few days.
I can't wait to get into my closet tomorrow and see what awaits me.

denim shirt-Banana Republic
khaki pants-Old Navy
scarf-Ruche
belt-Loft
earrings-Target
shoes-Aldos

8 comments:

The Chic Chauffeur said...

yay! love your finale! **CHAMBRAY** way to go out on a total high note! {seriously, I loved all your looks!}

Heather said...

Congrats on reaching the big finale! *standing O* ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on hanging in there to the very hand. You do look very happy today. Now go reward yourself with a new pair of shoes.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

CONGRATULATIONS, BRETT! You have much to be proud of!! You did a great job and we all learn from those of you who have to courage to do the REMIX!

Peggy said...

yea!!! You made it with style! how fun to have your son home for the weekend. Enjoy your closet!

Debbie Baker Burns said...

I think it's so funny that everyone I've looked at so far on their last 30 for 30 post (including me) is either jumping around or having a fist up or giving a high five or a thumbs up! We are all so HAPPY to have done it. Your last look is great!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I like your happy dance! My happy dance doesn't even look half as cool as yours.

I LOVE lists and routines, so I think this challenge would be perfect for me, haha.

Have a fun week with Son1!

Jilliebeanie said...

I've been on the hunt for a chambray shirt - this one is perfect! The whole outfit - love it!