-

Friday, July 1, 2011

Inspiration Outfit

Last Wednesday as I was walking into my closet to get dressed
I looked over to my inspiration board
and focused on 
this picture:
It has been on my board for awhile now and I figured why not try and see what I could come up with.
Here is my look:
A bit more casual than the look above, but I think it works.
Instead of the striped navy scarf, I put my stripes on my feet.
Not owning a navy scarf that wouldn't make me sweat  glow all day, I chose this blue and crystal necklace.

I didn't need a belt with this top, so I added the blue watch and multiple silver bracelets.
As you all know I don't do yellow of any kind, so I just left that color out of the mix.
So how'd I do?

top-Banana Republic
pants-GAP, dyed red by me
espadrilles-Target
necklace-Loft
watch-Swatch
bracelets-random from my jewelry box

12 comments:

Audrey Allure said...

Great outfit, love your interpretation!

Paula said...

Was that inspiration in Lucky?  Anyway--very good--I think it looks great!

Betty said...

It works!!  I love the top--it looks good on you.  And I do like the crisp red white and blue interpretation.

Ginny blum said...

Your take look good.  
It is way too hot here in the summer to be wrapping scarves around your neck.  I think stylists that show that must be on a coastline where there is a cool ocean breeze.
 
I don't know that many people who could put yellow frames on and have the coloring work out right.  Do you have another pop color you like?

Tinfoils Tiaras said...

I love your take on this outfit- the shoes are very nautical and they look great with the red outfit.  I hope you have a great 4th of July!

Stacey said...

Adorable!  I need to start collecting inspiration pictures.  I've pulled a few out of the Garnet Hill catalog lately.  There clothes and the styling are amazing...but too expensive most of the time.  Copy cat would work for me. :)

brett said...

Stacy,
I can't live without my inspiration pics!
That is half the fun of reading a magazine now a days!

brett said...

Hope you had a great 4th too

brett said...

I totally agree with you about the scarf thing Ginny.
Here in the south it is just too darn hot
I can see where people would do it out in LA though
Saw it a lot while out there and see why  LOL

brett said...

Red, white and blue is always a crowd pleaser!

brett said...

Paula, I think it probably was in some issue of Lucky

brett said...

Thanks Audrey