-

Monday, June 6, 2011

Spray Tan

Have you experienced the spray tan yet?  I bought a session on Groupon and thought I would use it before my trip.  I don't want to be glowing white out in the crowds while in Nashville.  How embarrassing to blind some poor country singer while they are singing their heart out up on stage.


So here is my experience, maybe it will help you decide if you want to try this or not.

First let me say that after reading reviews on the net, I was kind of terrified.  There were just enough good reviews for me to decide to go ahead and try it.

The experience wasn't bad at all.  The spray was not cold,the smell was minimal and noise level wasn't off the charts.

The lady that helped me was an expert and let me tell you she was a fan of a dark tan!!!  I went with a #2, so we will see how that pans out.  I will let you know what color I turned out to be tomorrow.


No, I did not wear this today. 
 They told me to wear loose baggy clothes and not to take a shower before or after. 
 Didn't think you would want me to share those pictures with you!
I thrifted this skirt awhile ago and have been meaning to take it in to get it shortened. 
 It was just sitting in my closet screaming at me every time I passed it...
 hey, when are you going to wear me?? 
 I decided to hem it myself using my HEMGEMS . 
 Worked like a charm! 
Are you noticing my great sandals???
  These are the ones I got at The GAP last week.
  They were on sale and then another 40% off. 
 They run big and I bought a size smaller than I usually wear. 
Why doesn't that get me all excited like buying a smaller pair of jeans does????
Speaking of checking things out. 
 How about this adorable bumble bee necklace?
  Another sale score. 
 I got it for 11 bucks instead of the original $22!

I am off to gaze at myself in the mirror to see if I am becoming any darker in color than I was when I sat down to write this post.


melon color t- GAP
skirt-Harolds via Thrift
belt-Steve Madden via Nordstrom's Rack
necklace-Handpicked
earrings-Kohl's
sandals-GAP
bracelets-Ruche

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Great sandals!  I've never had a spray tan but I've been considering it for an upcoming event, although that Friends episode with Ross getting a spray tan is still fresh in my mind...

silvrgurl said...

Ha Natalie,
When I came, son2 kept referencing that episode to me every 5 min!!

Pam@Over50feeling40 said...

I can't wait to see the results...I am very curious to see what you think!!

Melissa Williams said...

Spray tans sound awesome I never got one so I am excited to see how it turns out for you. 

Kristin & Megan said...

I've done it a couple times and it gave me some good color!

Tinfoils Tiaras said...

I am so glad you posted about this because I have been thinking about getting a spray tan for my trip to Hawaii but am worried because the last time I got one I went from pasty white to no longer Caucasian in a matter of days! I'm excited to see how it turned out for you.  And that skirt you're wearing? I'm in love (plus I could definitely see myself wearing that adorable necklace and those great gladiator sandals!)