-

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Awkward And Awesome Thursday

Hello lovelies,
I hope everyone has found a way to keep nice and cool during this crazy heat wave we are having right now. 
I apologize for my indoor pictures, but honestly, it was just too darn hot to go outside and take pictures.  I wouldn't want all the sweetness that is me to melt!  I do declare, I feel I faint coming on....
Awkward:
  • While out hiking on Sunday, we came across this amazing tree that had fallen.  It was up off the ground and looked so cool with it's branches spiking out. 
    Brilliant photo op right?  I jumped up on the tree for my pose and low and behold the entire tree gave way and I went flying face first to the ground.  Lucky for me I landed in a pile of leaves and soft dirt.  The tree was completely rotten and just disintegrated right under my feet.  (yes, husband gave me a hard time about that tree the rest of the hike)
  • Getting a phone call from son2 saying he had fallen off a ladder while doing some work. Luckily nothing was broken, but the poor kids legs have skin ripped off of them, giant hard bruises, a knot on his head and is walking around like a 95 year old man.
  • Making gumbo and while making the roux turning my attention away for just a minute and looking back into the pan to see a black, burned, disgusting smelling mess in my pot! 
  • Husband and I stopping at the outlet mall on our way home from hiking.  Discovering the mall didn't open for another hour and half.  What?  What self-respecting mall doesn't open until 1:30 in the afternoon?
  • Being a good green shopper and going into the grocery store with my fabric bags.  Hearing a dude yell out that I had dropped a bag in the middle of the street.  Went to retrieve bag and then they all started dropping out of my hands.  Dude in car is totally cracking up at me.  I have bags littered all over the stupid street and cars are backed up about 5 cars deep. I finally gather all my bags together and dude yells out at me, "sorry for causing you so much trouble over a stupid bag", then just drives off.
Awesome:
  • Getting a new air conditioning unit!!  No more having our downstairs sound like an airport because of the fans.
  • Running errands with husband on Sat. and stopping by J.Crew unexpectedly.  Scoring some great deals!!
  • Citrus Grilled Fish Tacos at a new restaurant with good friends
  • Trying out a new recipe and everyone in the entire family actually liked it!
  • Husband's birthday is Saturday.  CeLeBrAtE!!
I am sporting a fishtail braid here.
  Thanks to Kileen over on Cute and Little for the inspiration to try it out.
I have to give thanks to Rosa over on Love At First Shop for the inspiration for my outfit today.

I don't know if you can tell but my blouse is a baby,blush pink and the skirt is black and white.
I got this blouse at a Hunter/Dixon trunk show back in January.
I kind of forgot about it, but wore it in LA
 and now I just love it.

Now your turn to tell me something awkward or awesome about your week.

blouse-Hunter/Dixon
skirt-Loft
shoes-Rack Room

13 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute!  Now I have to run to Loft and see if they still have that skirt.

Your week sounds fun. :)

Tracy said...

So sorry about your sons fall. Sounds awful. I walk around like a 95 year old lady every morning for the first 5 minutes. But that's just because I'm old and my body hurts.

I love that blouse and skirt. Super cute. I wish I had the same issues as you do regarding the heat. I really would prefer that over this yucky overcast foggy freezing weather we're having.

xoxo

Jordan Streetman said...

I swear I thought I was following your blog! I love love love that skirt and top! I have been on the hunt for some adorable pieces like that, that can transition from work to casual wear! 

Pam@Over50feeling40 said...

This whole outfit is so cute...love it and it is a great way to look cool in the shade!!

GlamKitten88 said...

The story of the bags almost had me peeing my pants because that exact same thing would happen to me.  No joke.  That's my life.
http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/Twitter: @GlamKitten88:disqus  

Kristin & Megan said...

Fish tacos would make any day better!  Mmmmmmmm!

silvrgurl said...

I got it not too long ago, so they may still have it
good luck!

silvrgurl said...

He is fine, but milking the injuries for everything he is worth! lol

believe me you don't want 115 degress with 112% humidity. I didn't even
know humidity could be more than 100% until yesterday.

silvrgurl said...

I know I can't even believe I forgot I had purchased that top back in Jan.
I need to have a closet clean out I think!

silvrgurl said...

I think looking cool is about as good as it gets!
at least we have been having rain
i hear tx is dealing with a drought right now

silvrgurl said...

I felt like a total loser out there I can assure you!

Shybiker said...

That's a great skirt.  And I always like reading about your life.  It's much more eventful than mine!

Tinfoils Tiaras said...

Your poses and that skirt are just too darn cute! Hahah the tree story made me giglle- the things me do for our blogs huh! Any big plans for the hubby's b-day? We are celebrating round 2 of my man's big day (a bit of a diva if you ask me!) I really need to try a fishtail braid- too cute! My awkward moment of the week was losing the key to the room we were using for the payment room at a work event with the money still stuck inside and being told we would have to pay $250 to replace the key- yikes!