-

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Neutral With A Pop!

If you are on the east coast and in Irene's path I am praying for you.  I am in North Carolina but about 8 hours away from where the hurricane hit.  Thank goodness it was only a category 1 when it hit Cape Lookout.  It did lay a path of destruction in it's wake, but it could have been so much worse.  Keep safe and dry out there!!

Today's look for the 21 Day Challenge is neutral with a pop of color.  Believe it or not this was the hardest day for me.  I just am not a neutral girl.
I am wearing my linen pants which I am supposed to remix 3 times during this challenge. 
 This is remix #2.
As Nina Garcia says, "this outfit does not read well for the camera."
My top is cream and has the most fabulous detailing at the collar.  Sad that you can't see it here.
This is what it looks like in real life....

Quite a bit more interesting than in my pictures!
Was I channeling Carrie Bradshaw when I pinned the big flower on my belt? 
 No, this outfit is WAY to conservative for her!
I will admit to you that when I put this on, I was like MEH!.
  As the day went on I grew to like it more and more. 
 Maybe I will give neutrals a break and try them out again soon.
Have a fabulous weekend!!

top- GAP
linen pants-GAP
belt-local boutique
flower-Icing
wedges-Target
bracelet-Francesca's

9 comments:

Saralyn said...

So it's nothing WOW, but I like it.  Simple, understated, but fun!  You look great.

Shopfreak14 said...

Love your pop of color! That belt and flower are soo cute. Aren't you loving the Project Runway is back on!

Tinfoil Tiaras said...

I'm like you- I rarely am in the mood for neutrals but with the beautiful collar (I'll have to trust you since I can't see it ;) and the adorable flower this outfit is fun and classy.  I hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

Kari. said...

I like this, and I am not big on the flower trend. You're making me rethink how it could work, because the flower really works here.

Shybiker said...

Big success with the flower.  Really cute.  Mind if I steal your idea?  Please?!

Natalie said...

this is the right way to wear a flower. I am not a fan of them in the hair! 

Kristin & Megan said...

Flower power! So cute!

Tracy said...

There is no meh in this outfit. Only cute cute cute.

 

Natalie said...

I like it!  It makes me happy just looking at you! :)