-

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

It has been a long week here at my household and I for one will be glad to see the weekend!
Awkward:
  • The woodpecker that has taken up residence outside my bedroom window.
  • Picking up son2 at the train station, awkward because our train station is a dump!
  • When you wave at someone you know and they don't see you.
  • Trying nicely to decline from eating something that son1 made because you watched him make it.
  • When you receive a text and you have no idea who it is from, but you are too embarrassed to ask.

Awesome:
  • Our beautiful little snow burst this past weekend.
  • Both sons home last weekend.
  • Bananas and Peanut Butter, my new food obsession
  • Finding your old favorite sweatshirt that you thought you had lost.
  • Getting something in the mail that you had forgotten you ordered.
 I have been all about casual this week. 
 Soft, warm, comfortable clothing has been my go to.
Or
 Maybe I am just getting tired of my winter clothes?

How was your week?
  Awkward or Awesome?

stripe shirt-Express
cardi-Old Navy
scarf-scarf swap
jeans-Banana Republic
shoes-Converse
bracelets-gifted


20 comments:

Dawn said...

adorable outfit brett. Love the color combo. I hate it when you wave and people don't see you...that's funny. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

Style Journey said...

Ooh peanut butter and banana sandwiches sound so good! I love this outfit. Stripes and red are awesome! Heather

Teddi said...

check you out brett, in your preppy like classic awesome looking outfit! it is awkward when you feel like you're waving to yourself because whoever doesn't see you. i laughed about not eating the food prepared by son after you watched him make it. hey, you don't want to get sick again. ;)

Unknown said...

The red scarf looks great against the black and white stripes - so classic! And the only thing better than peanut butter and bananas is peanut butter + bananas + Nutella. :)
Too funny about son1 in the kitchen ... I helped with a cooking class for elementary kids and had the same leeriness about sampling stuff after watching them prepare it!

Unknown said...

Fabulous outfit! You look stunning:)

http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de

teresweetstyle said...

great look honey, i love your navy tee

xx

gracefully50 said...

I love your comfy look!
I hear you on getting something you forgot you ordered....it's a good surprise but scary. Might be shopping too much? ;)

Unknown said...

Brett, I love casual clothing. Soft, warm, comfortable clothing sounds lovely. You look so cute.

Unknown said...

Great scarf!

http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

Susan Shull said...

Love the way you have your scarf tied! I know what you mean about the texts. I got one from someone the other day asking us to SUnday lunch. I thought it was sent by mistake and replied to tell the sender. She never did give me her name, but I was able to figure it out...finally!

LyddieGal said...

I think we are all ready for the weekend! I had my own awkward train station moment - I was going to pick up my sister, pulled into the wrong area and had to make some sort of 20 point turn to get out of there while a line of traffic backed up behind me.

Chic on the Cheap

WendyB said...

When I was a kid, my father was plagued by a tiny woodpecker that made a godawful noise on the roof. LOL.

Annie said...

Love the stripes! And I am totally craving a banana with PB right now :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Unknown said...

Love this comfy look!

girlavantgarde.com

Unknown said...

Surprise packages are the best! I think I'm getting tired of my winter clothes... I have the oddest urge to wear color, which usually doesn't happen until mid March.

Anonymous said...

Getting gifts in the mail is the best!! Waiting for things we've ordered to come is so hard sometimes. Even harder when we have to return whatever that thing was.
Happy weekend to you!

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Stripes with a dash of red is one of my favorite combos. I love it paired up with denim, great classic, casual look!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Bananas and peanut butter ROCK!

Bravoe Runway said...

I am sure you are watching the red carpet...so after last week's confusion with Charlize and Justin...what do we think? Her dress was gorgeous but I just don't think the pixie suits her.

Kathryn said...

Loving the bright scarf! And bananas with peanut butter are the best.