-

Friday, March 29, 2013

Awkward and Awesome Friday

Yesterday I went to pick up son2 from school for the Easter Holiday.
The day got completely away from me, so we are having
Awkward and Awesome Friday instead of Thursday.

Awkward:
  • Sending son2 a care package to school and having it returned to me because I wrote the wrong zip code.
  • Finding a check from a year ago in my jacket breast pocket that was never cashed.
  • Getting a text inviting me to lunch and before I even had time to respond to the offer I received another text resending the offer.
  • Being stalked by the salesperson in a Bath and Bodyworks store.
  • Waiting for someone to pull out of a parking place only to have someone else pull into it.  Proceeding to honk at said person and have them flip you off. (my blinker was on and everything!)
 
 Awesome:
  • Finding out that son1 likes to watch movie commentaries as much as I do.  
  • Having both sons home for Easter weekend.
  • Assembling Easter baskets for the 3 men in my life.
  • My mom sending us a smoked turkey.  These particular turkeys are delish!
  • John 3:16
 
 This look was inspired by a page I tore out of a magazine a while back. 
 I love the layering of the button up shirts and it isn't as bulking as you would think.
  I added the vest for some fun
 and loved the mix of shades of gray and shades of brown.

Have you worn the layered button up look before?
Did you find it to be too bulky for you?

chambray button up-Banana Republic
ikat button up-JCrew Factory
skirt-CAbi
vest-Old Navy
necklace-Target
boots-Matisse


6 comments:

Style Journey said...

I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your boys :) Cute outfit!

Lisa said...

Your 'awesomes' put a smile on my face! You look lovely.

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Don't you love being stalked at B&BW? They always do that to me too. Enjoy your weekend with your boys!

ALLIE NYC said...

Love the skirt and boots. Ha ha and cash that check, if you can!

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Great look!

Heather said...

I love the print of that sweater - so pretty!

XO
Pearls & Paws