-

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

How has your week been so far?
Has awkwardness or awesomeness abounded?
Awkward:
  • When you think you are charging your phone, but the connector isn't connected all the way and you are still at 33% after 3hours of charging.
  • Geriatric Day at Walmart!
  • Wearing a white dress and getting caught in a torrential down pour.
  • When you are having a bad day and you decide the the goodness of fatty, salty fast food will make your feel better.  And it does, it tastes so good going down.  THEN: 25 minutes later you think you are going to die of a stomach explosion because it feels like you have 200 tons of lead in there!
  • Humidity Hair!!
 Awesome:
  • The yummy goodness of The Taste of Charlotte.
  • When you are standing in a long line and you become BFF's for that 6-7 minutes you are standing next to someone.
  • Parties for friends (even if it is a going away party)
  • Consistent and Loyal Prayer Warriors!
  • That moment you walk into the air conditioned house after a long hot walk outside.
I have been seeing the combo of red and mint all over the place lately. 
 It is a combo I would not naturally put together,
 but it really does work well.
  It might be one of my new favorite color combos? 

Are you a fan of this color combo?
Have you worn it together before?

top-F21
jeans-Old Navy
sandals-Steve Madden Girl
necklace-The Cubby Hole
bracelet-Handpicked

13 comments:

Style Journey said...

I have been loving this combo too. I tried it with a mint top and red heels last week.

I can relate to your phone charger not being connected. That happened this week with the deep fryer. After 20 minutes I couldn't figure out why it wasn't getting hot! It wasn't plugged in all the way. Heather

WendyB said...

Yep, did that with the phone charger recently!

Unknown said...

I like the look of an all-white outfit, and have thought about trying it out - but I'm always afraid that the one day I decide to wear white, I'll get caught in an unexpected downpour!
Great color combo - I don't think I own anything mint, but I do like red and turquoise together. :)

Chelsea Oliver said...

I never would have thought of this color combo before but love it on you! I'll have to try it out myself now - thanks for the inspiration!

-Chelsea
chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I hate humidity hair. You look great as usual Brett.

Teddi said...

yes, i'm a fan of the red and mint combo. i've been using it in my art. i really like your outfit, and am jealous it's cool enough where you live to wear a sweater. my week was a whole lot of awkward, with some nice snippets of awesome. i like making friends while waiting in line too. what's geriatric day at walmart? ;)

Unknown said...

I really love this colour combination and will have to give it a try! I also love pink and green paired. Ugh phone chargers, been there before! Have a wonderful weekend Brett xo

LyddieGal said...

I am a fan of the red and mint combo myself! And I totally feel your humidity hair pain!
Chic on the Cheap

Jill said...

hmm red and mint! Ill have to try that one out! Thanks for the tip.
HOTPINKstyle

Flattering50 said...

I've never tried that color combo. I can't wait to see if I can make it work as well as you have. Thanks for the inspiration! -- Susan

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

YES to red and mint! Love this combo too.

Annie said...

Love the teal and red...what a cute blouse!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

dan said...

I think I have got very few red clothes in my wardrobe ( without a precise reason ). Your combination of colours is bright and suits you so well!
Amusing awkwards, especially the first one!