-

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Summer Scarf

And I wonder, still I wonder,
Who'll stop the rain.
 (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
I am so tired of the rain and want to see some sunshine so badly!
I decided to bring out a fun summery scarf 
to try and cheer my self and my outfit up.
This little dress is about as easy as they come. 
 No wrinkle, no fuss, no mess.
It's light and cool and with a summer scarf,
it's the perfect outfit for bumming around town.
I have found the trick to wearing a scarf in the summer is to keep it as loose around the neck as you can. 
  That way you can look stylish
 without sweating glowing too much.

Do you do scarves in the summer?
What's your trick to staying cool while wearing one?

I am linking up with 
MIX MATCH
today.

dress-Ross
scarf-Loft
sandals-diba
bracelets-all gifted

9 comments:

Style Journey said...

Cute dress! Those are the best types in the summer. Easy and breezy :) I like scarves as belts in the summer.

The Elle Diaries said...

LOve the mixed prints!
You look cool and chic!
I like to wear scarves in the summer,so if there is AC,
I am covered!
congrats on the link UP, I will check you there.
XX, Elle
http://mydailycostume.com/

TaraMixandMatch said...

Love how you styled the scarf with that pretty dress!

Stylin' In St. Louis said...

I do wear a scarf or two in the summer! If it is light and summery print I will find a way to make it work!

xo,
Jacqueline

stylininstlouis.com

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Cute dress!... Send the rain to me, We will happily take it off your hands!

Teddi said...

nice song lyric connection in your post. beautiful, dear brett! "you're like sunshine on a cloudy day." name that song. ;)

Unknown said...

I wore a scarf for a few days this week because I had to spend the day in air-conditioning - it was the perfect light layer. :)
Cute color palette!

two birds said...

yes, glowing!!! what a fun outfit. it certainly looks sunny...hopefully the rain stops soon!

No Fear of Fashion said...

Lovely dress. So nice and easy for summer, yet such a good statement piece. Comfortable yet elegant.