-

Friday, July 12, 2013

Awkward and Awesome Friday

Friday is finally here, this week seemed extra long to me for some reason.
I hope it went by faster for you.
 Awkward:
  • Busily painting baseboard trim when you look up & notice the dogs tail has just brushed over everything you have painted so far.  Not to mention trying to get the paint out of the dog's tail.
  • When mosquito's make an entire meal out of your legs in the 5 minutes you stepped outside.
  • Specifically going somewhere for a very specific item you know only they carry and they are out.
  • Having to break down and use duct tape on the inside of your beloved 5 year old sandals because you just can't bear to get rid of them.
  • Going to Starbucks when it is super busy and realizing as you drive into your driveway that they never charged you for your coffees.
Awesome:
  • Husband bringing home loaves of sourdough bread from his trip to San Francisco
  • Rediscovering a favorite lipstick- MAC, Speed Dial.
  • My studio is now back up and running after the flood.
  • Finding son2's lost watch after everyone had been looking for it for 3 days.
  • Fixing a computer related problem myself after everyone else in the house couldn't.
 
I love the color combo of coral and turquoise. 
 I went all out with this outfit.
This is an easy, casual summer look that can go just about anywhere.

Do you like coral and turquoise together?
What are some other coral and turquoise combo's that you like to put together?

blouse-Old Navy
shorts-Loft
sandals-Zara
necklace-Handpicked

7 comments:

Chelsea Oliver said...

I love this color combo! And I feel your pain on that dog in the paint situation, that happened to me when I re-did my room at my parent's house. But at 16, I'm sure I made it worse than it actually was. Poor puppy.

-Chelsea
chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

Style Journey said...

This week did seem extra long! Looking forward to catching up on some things this weekend (including sending some snail mail out)!

This is probably my favorite color combo so far this summer so I really like this outfit. Those shorts are awesome!

Unknown said...

Sourdough bread from San Fran, yummy! Love your shorts.

Brooke said...

I love the cute shorts! Have a great weekend!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

I would put the Starbucks coffees into the Awesome section! :-) Love your blouse!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Unknown said...

Happy weekend! My week went fast, but I was so busy! Too busy.

Turquoise and coral is such a perfect summer combination!

Curtise said...

Yep, that's a great colour combination, and you have great legs, Brett! xxx