-

Monday, August 26, 2013

Inspiration Monday

I had a fabulous weekend and I hope that you did too!

Our inspiration picture from Two Birds today is Selena Gomez.
She is the same age as my two boys, so I knew that I would have to "mom" this look up a bit for me.
The look didn't exactly turn out the same in real life as it did in my head. 
 In fact all day long son1 and husband kept asking me what time my Safari was leaving!
At least I got to wear my new booties from Target.
  Aren't they the cutest. 
 Total knock offs of a much higher priced designer.
  They are pretty comfortable too. 
 You gotta love Target!
Even if my look didn't turn out exactly as I imagined it was still okay for running errands and working in my studio.

If you have a look that turns out different than you imagined 
do you wear it anyway
 or try to re-imagine it?

polo-Banana Republic
coated jeans-GAP
vest/earrings-Old Navy
booties-Target
watch-Fossil
bracelets-F21



12 comments:

Kristen said...

Cute none the less! Loving Targets booties selection lately!

two birds said...

i really like this look on you. and i might need to run to target to check those booties out...too cute!

Anonymous said...

I still like it! And these ON cargo vests are the best!

Style Journey said...

yeah, I had to "mom" my look up a bit too. No way ever will you catch me in a crop top. Love the boots!

Adrienne Shubin said...

I like black with cognac and brown. I like your look and think you did a great job of "momming it up" without going full mumsy. A modern casual look that I think looks great on you!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love black and brown...sitting here with it on right now. I went shopping on Saturday and saw vests everywhere. Those booties are great...and you look great. Have wonderful week, Brett! Come by and register to win a pair of Coldwater Creek jeans.

Stylin' In St. Louis said...

Love those boots! Black and brown is one of my favorite combos!
xo,
Jacqueline

stylininstlouis.com

The Elle Diaries said...

Brett,
I think your outfit came out really well!! I do love target, also. One thing that occurs to me though is how different an outfit looks in the mirror verses on my blog.
Enjoyed this post!
XX.
Elle
http://mydailycostume.com/

Unknown said...

I think safari chic is great! It's very classic. Love the booties, which I haven't seen yet... I never go to Target in the city :(

Also, so jealous of the Bruno Mars concert. He's so talented, must have been amazing!

Unknown said...

My husband loves to make comments like this too. Men. You look cute!
Ginny

Kezzie said...

I'd love to go to Target! It sounds great. Your booties are fab!!! X

Teddi said...

i think that is one hot mama outfit! i want details on the belt. i'm completely digging the boots too. my outfits nearly always look different than i imagined. sigh.