-

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

One and Done Colorblocking

If you are like me, you love to see color blocking when it's done right.
For some reason, mine always looks a little off in some way that I can't figure out.
That's when you turn to a dress where all of the color blocking is done for you.
I love the details of this dress
 and 
the color blocking is perfect.
With all of the great details in this dress,
 I kept the jewelry to earrings and bracelets.
No need to upstage the dress itself.
This is only the second time I have worn this dress. 
 I totally forgot it was hanging in my closet. 
 Sadly, it was a funereal that made me go looking for it.
  I will have to wear it on a happier occasion next time.

Are you as color blocking challenged as I am?
Do you prefer already color blocked items such as this dress?

dress-JCPenny
shoes-Me Too
earrings-Handpicked
random bracelets


13 comments:

Style Journey said...

This dress is the bomb! Very mod looking and it looks great on you. Sorry to hear you had to go to a funeral.

Geraldine said...

Wowsa, you look amazing in this Brett. I'm sorry about the funeral too. :<(

The Elle Diaries said...

Brett, I agreE IT IS A GREAT DRESS AND YOU STYLED IT WELL.
I am sorry about the funeral, however...
xx, elle
http://mydailycostume.com/

Chelsea Oliver said...

Sorry to hear about the funeral - but you look amazing, this dress does do color-blocking perfectly!

-Chelsea
chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

bianca said...

great outfit dear!



xx
bianca
www.worryaboutitlater.com

MILEX said...

wooow!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
Ginny

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

What a Gorgeous and Retro Dress. Love it. Is it recent, let me know? I love those Shoe Booties too. =)

Unknown said...

A little bit of a mod feel-- I like it! I have trouble color blocking, too. I feel like it was feels too.... forced? when I try it.

Susan Shull said...

This dress is adorable!

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

That's a cute dress, very mod!

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

LOVE this! Very 60's vibe to it. I had a dress similar in style a few years ago and loved it. Yes, it's much easier when the color blocking is already done for you.

No Fear of Fashion said...

Yes you should wear it more often and to happier occasions. Such a good dress!. And so well paired with those shooties. Very contemporary. Great job.
Greetje