-

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pinned It and Did It

Thursday is upon us once again.
That means it's Pinned It and Did It day.
This is the pin that I have had on my board for a week or so.
 I love everything about this pin. 
 It speaks to me on so many different levels.
Sequins, statement necklaces, button down, denim.
There is nothing that isn't a favorite of mine shown in this picture.

 Here is a close up of my version. 
 I actually think we might be wearing the same sequin top from the Loft a couple of years ago.
My outfit in it's entirety. 
 I went with black jeans and moto boots to harden all of the girly things going on up top.
I know that I will definitely wear this look again,
 so I declare my pin a success.

To see what others Pinned and Did this week check out the link below.


stripe button down/jeans-Gap
sequin tank-Loft
denim jacket-Levi's
boots-Express
bee necklace-Groopdealz
round stone necklace-Marshall's



17 comments:

Geraldine said...

The outfit looks great Brett and I agree, looks like the same tank top!

Happy Weekend, G

Style Journey said...

You have been nailing it the last couple of weeks! I pinned this look too, but have yet to try it. It is PERFECT!!!!

Jordan Cole said...

Girlfriend!! You duplicated that perfectly!

Curtise said...

Love the contrast between the sequins and necklace, aNd the denim, jeans and boots. Great outfit, Brett! xxx

Unknown said...

Love this! A definite success. If only I had a denim jacket...

Teddi said...

brett, this is beyond brilliantly done! i do hope you wear it again because it looks eteller. :)

Unknown said...

Very fun! So glad it worked out for you :)

Anonymous said...

How fun and love the toughness the boots add.

Tina Bradley said...

Love it! In fact, I'm gonna try and replicate this look myself! I don't have a sequined top, but I think I have a lace one that will work well. Fab inspiration--thanks! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

Cynthia Peterson said...

Love, love, love this look on you!

Kristen said...

I like anything that sparkles so it's no surprise that I love this look! Love how you toned it down with an edgier shoe.

mispapelicos said...

I love your inspiration and your end result. Chic and casual at the same time, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.
happy weekend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Chelsea Oliver said...

LOVE IT! This might now take the place as my favorite from you. Love the edgy shoe with the glam top (which looks just like the Pinned one!)

-Chelsea
chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

Jennie said...

I love this! It somehow doesn't seem like it should work, but it totally does!!

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

OMG, I love this look. Your re-creation of this pin is even better. Great Necklaces. They work wonders with the Sequins & all the layers. A Beautiful Outfit for Fall. Color, Texture, Pattern and Shine. ;-)

The Elle Diaries said...

Brett, Great looks. I must confess: I love yours more!
XX, Elle
http://mydailycostume.com/

Susan Shull said...

Love the original and your version of it! Makes me wish I had grabbed that tank at JCrew!