-

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pinned It and Did It

It's Pinned It and Did It time again and I did a DIY project this time.
Last week I had a party and made these fabulous gold dot placemats for a festive look at my table.
I have been all about adding touches of gold lately and gold polka dots are my biggest weakness.
As soon as I saw this on Pinterest, I knew I had to do it.
I knew plain white placemats would be hard
 to find this time of year,
 so when I came across these "cutting" boards at the dollar store
 I immediately thought to use them instead.
  Bonus, they came 2 in a package. 
I already had the gold paint and an unused pencil,
 so my 8 placemats only cost me $4 
and less than 30 minutes of my time. 
 I am definitely using these at Thanksgiving as well.
Here is a look at my completed table. 
 This project was so simple,
 but really added impact to the table. 

To get all the deets on how to make these festive placemats just click here.

PS...I bought the placemates in October, so I didn't violate No Shop November!

7 comments:

Style Journey said...

These turned out great! It's amazing at how something so simple can make such a big impact. The table setting is awesome!

Annie said...

LOVE love love the dotted placemats - too cute!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Anonymous said...

What an easy, yet fun addition and so clever to use the cutting boards.

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Just the right amount of sparkle for a fall table!

Teddi said...

very festive! those placemat/cutting boards will be super versatile to use too. creative of you to think of the cutting boards dear brett. :)

two birds said...

i love the idea of using a cutting board. my kids could use something like this with the mess they make. cute idea!

The Elle Diaries said...

Brett, So clever and I agree all of those touches make a great impact. Also love the string around the silverwear!
XX, Elle
http://mydailycostume.com/2013/11/beige-cashmere-and-came-in-layers/