-

Friday, December 6, 2013

Awkward and Awesome Friday

As we come to the first weekend in December is your weekend full of Christmas celebrations?
Have you finished your decorating or are you just starting?
Whatever you weekend holds, I hope it is AWESOME!
Awkward:
  • Our garage was broken into.  Lucky for us all they took was gas and the Costco giant pack of papertowels.
  • Having a wild turkey running wild in the neighborhood. 
  • When you are riding in the car with your dog and it is pouring rain and the dog keeps rolling down the windows with his paws.
  • Getting a trainee at the deli counter.
  • That one stupid strand of lights that you just can't get to stay lit on the Christmas tree.
 
 Awesome:
  • Having son2 home for Thanksgiving!
  • When an old friend that moved away comes to visit.
  • A freshly groomed dog straight from the groomers.
  • Christmas gatherings with friends.
  • That first Christmas card you receive in the mail.
 
 I wore this outfit to a little dessert party we had for a friend that was in town visiting.  I thought it was festive, but casual and relaxed.  Perfect for sitting around catching up while stuffing my face with treats!

Let's hear about your awkward or awesome moments in the comment section.

sequin tank-H&M
cardi/jeans-GAP
smoking slippers-JCPenny
necklace-gifted
watch-Born Pretty

7 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Was your neighborhood the one on the national news with the wild turkey terrorizing delivery men??
Sorry about the garage...I can safely say that everyone I know has been robbed in some way...it is ridiculous.
You look cute as always!!

Curtise said...

Mmmm, treats... Your lovely sequin top is a real treat, Brett, I like the glamour of it paired with the casual jeans and cardigan.
Had my first Christmas card this week too, but it's way too early for me to decorate, I'm a last minute kinda gal! xxxx

The Elle Diaries said...

Brett, I am in love with your outfit. It looks like J. Crew but clever you, getting it at Gap and H&M, LOVE IT!
So glad your sons are home, having family home is so wonderful!
XX, Elle
http://mydailycostume.com/2013/12/luxurious-fall-layers-beat-chill/

pepa said...

Perfect look hon♥

http://therubberdoll.com/

Unknown said...

Yay to friends and family visiting! Love the neon on this cardigan!

Stylin' In St. Louis said...

That sequin top is just fabulous! Love it on you! Spent the weekend inside thanks to snow!
xo,
Jacqueline

stylininstlouis.com

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

This is such a Beautiful, Colorful, Soft & Sparkly Look. I adore your Cardigan & Striped Sequined Tank. Together they are Perfection! Great Burgundy Loafers, too. =) This is such a delightful Holiday Look!

I miss you on my blog. Stop by to see what I am wearing lately. Thanks, Ada. =)