-

Friday, January 22, 2016

Awkward and Awesome Friday

Coming to you from the shut down city of Charlotte today.
If you are bracing for the big winter storm, 
stay inside and be safe and warm!
Awkward:
  • Realizing your driver's license has expired.
  • The lady in her car blocking my neighborhood entrance as I am trying to get out because she is texting.  I tooted my horn to let me out, she looked straight at me and continued to text.
  • Not realizing how icy the deck is and busting your butt as you slip on the ice.
  • The Mr.'s computer being stolen on the plane.
  • Trying to pack for 7 days of winter travel in a carry-on bag.
 Awesome:
  • Getting the same awesome birthday card from several different people.  
  • Birthday shenanigans with friends all week long.
  • Finding a long lost lipstick in a purse you haven't used in awhile. 
  • The beauty of an ice storm.
  • Heading to London and Edinburgh with the Mr (if the weather doesn't mess up our plans!) 
Obviously, this was taken before the icy mix began to hit us.
Just a casual, cozy, relaxed look. 
 Love this furry scarf to add some fun
 and texture to my colorful sweater.

I will be taking next week off from blogging as I will be traveling.  
Be sure to follow me on Instagram to find out
 where I am and what I am doing. 
 @silvrgurl is where I can be found.

Have a great weekend
 and
 stay safe if you are in the
 "winter event" regions of the US.

Dillard's scarf
Old Navy sweater
Gap jeans
Target sneakers
Ebay ring
Michael Kors watch

No comments: