-

Friday, September 30, 2016

Awkward and Awesome: Barcelona Style

Hace tiempo que no te veo!
It's been a while since I've seen you!
Awkward:
  • The man that sounded like he was coughing up a lung and the kid that wouldn't be quiet the whole 8 hours on the plane to Barcelona.
  • A confrontation with the Spanish cab driver that could have gotten dicey.
  • Trying to shop, when 4 giant cruise ships docked and let off all the people that wanted to shop as well.
  • None of the converters I had for my "hair tools" were compatible.
  • Getting lost walking in the rain trying to find the restaurant where you made reservations. (No, I wasn't alone.  There were 5 of us!)
 Awesome:
  • The la Merce' 2016 festival going on in Barcelona that we had no idea was going to be going on.
  • Rooftop fireworks show.
  • Knowing a flight attendant on the flight home.  Being treated like a VIP even though you are in lowly coach.
  • The food...........
  • The city of Barcelona, so beautiful, clean and welcoming. 
 The night before we left for Barcelona
 was the grand opening of  the  HopeWay facility. 
  HopeWay is a not-for-profit organization
 that will provide best practice mental health care 
and education for adults and their families. 
 The turn out and interest far exceeded expectations!!

This is what I wore. 
 You can't go wrong with simple black and white
 at a function like a grand opening.  
I loved my flowy tunic with the windowpane pants.
 The pants added interest to the concept of black and white.
  I really would have liked to have worn a different shoe,
 but the toe injury dictated sandals!

I hope you all have a great weekend 
and get some fantastic fall weather.

Pop Up shop tunic
J.Crew trousers
Vince Camuto sandals
Handpicked necklace

No comments: