-

Friday, December 31, 2010

Un-Decorating

Why is it that un-decorating after Christmas is such a chore?  I don't know about you, but I always feel as if my house is naked after everything comes down.  Husband and son1 came home after I had been busy putting things away and said, "wow- it seems so bare in here."
It is always a little depressing.  I never know how to add to the decor after Christmas.  What do you do?
One thing I do know... how to beat the un-decorating blues!
Go out with a girl-friend for a Margarita and Mexican food 
and
that is exactly what I did!

My friend L. and I went out for a nice girls evening.  She and I met at the bus stop when our kids were in kindergarten. Those kids are now freshman in college.
  Like my new dress?  Husband gave it to me for Christmas.
Did I mention he was a really good gift giver this year?!
C. these two poses are for you!
You can't really tell, but my tights are actually this color.
Well, the tree comes down tomorrow and I have no idea what I will pose in front of then!
I guess I will have to venture back outside.

Happy UN-decorating!

silk dress-Christmas gift-GAP
tights-We Love Colors
boots-boutique 9 via Shopbop
earrings-Handpicked
bracelet-Francesca's



4 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Brett, Your husband is a GREAT gift giver...I love this dress! Its wonderful! I am just like you I dread taking the decorations down and feel like the house is naked!! I am such a Christmas person that the week after is really a downer...but I have to say shopping the sales this year HELPED!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous dress. Did he pick it out all by himself? If so, he needs to start a blog for my DH to read.

Unknown said...

Yay- I love the grey version of the dress on you!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Brett, Your husband is a GREAT gift giver...I love this dress! Its wonderful! I am just like you I dread taking the decorations down and feel like the house is naked!! I am such a Christmas person that the week after is really a downer...but I have to say shopping the sales this year HELPED!!