-

Friday, July 5, 2013

Awkward and Awesome Friday

I hope you had a great 4th of July!
The rain held off for the afternoon, so all was not lost.

Today ends the week of red, white and blue, so here is my final outfit.
Awkward:
  • Wearing a hat that is to big for your head on a windy day at the beach.
  • The unfortunate man changing out in the parking lot, we did not need to see your tighty whities!
  • Going on a morning walk with the dog and doing my part to scoop up the poop when I noticed he pooped on top of a baby snake!!
  • Asking for lemons for your water at a restaurant and the waitress brings it to you in her hand.
  • Parallel parking in an empty area, but when you come back cars have surrounded your car.  
Awesome:
  • A watermelon ripened to perfection.
  • Lunch with friends you haven't seen in awhile.
  • Baking cookies with your sons, even when they are 19 and 21.
  • The neighborhood pool on 4th of July.
  • Scoring a beach house at the last minute for an upcoming family vacation.
What do you do when the rain won't stop and your hair won't cooperate?
  Throw on a baseball cap!
I love the casual look of a baseball cap with a sundress. 
 Add some dangley earrings 
and
 you've got yourself a preppy, laid back look.

What kind of hat do your wear the most?
Do you ever even wear a hat?

dress-Target
tank-GAP
sandals-X-Appeal
baseball cap-Silver Needle Designs
earrings-F21

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the design of this dress! The pattern and subtle color blocking are really nice.

Thankfully we had no rain as well-- they were calling for thunderstorms.

The Elle Diaries said...

Hello!
Love the dress and cap-a nice touch of casual!
OH..those awkwards. lemons brought by hand, and the surprise snake.. eek!
Great post! XX, Elle
@
http://mydailycostume.com/

Stylin' In St. Louis said...

Love you dress! The high low look is so on trend! I need to purchase one!

xo,
Jacqueline

stylininstlouis.com

Ginny said...

I love ths dress! So fun you o to bake with your boys too :)
Ginny

josep-maria badia said...

I love the dress and I really like the look. The detail of the cap adds a casual, beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love your awkward moments! Very pretty as usual.

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

LOL at the tighty whities guy. Love this dress!

No Fear of Fashion said...

What a fun dress. Lovely for summer.

WendyB said...

OMG, the baby snake had the MOST awkward day!

Susan Shull said...

Oh my goodness, the lemons! I saw a news report once on how much bacteria is on lemons in restaurants because they are handled with dirty hands. I avoid them now!

Teddi said...

brett, i like your blue dress, and red accessories! yes, i've worn a hat that flies off my head, that tries to blow away, on a windy day. grrr! baking cookies with your family doesn't have an age limit for fun, right? oh i loathe parallel parking, and getting trapped in between cars. the lemon without a plate from the waitress is funny.

Annie said...

Such a fun, patriotic look...loving that dress!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

No Fear of Fashion said...

No, I don't wear hats or caps. Most of them look hideous on me.
But I like your sundress. What's with the 4th of July? I thought you were British?
And I always like your awkward and awesome post. You are so funny.