-

Monday, March 3, 2014

Inspiration Monday

I am so sorry to hear that some of you got dumped with more snow this weekend.
We actually had a lovely weekend here, but that all ends this afternoon!

Today the girls at Two Birds chose Kate Bosworth as our inspiration.
I am not exactly sure if this is a coat or a layered look, but I do know that I love the color.
I have to say that I was stumped by this look. 
 It is not exactly my style,
 so I decided to just use what was in my closet
 and make it my style.
I just threw my fur vest over my beloved pink coat and voila.
I was a bit nervous that the arm holes would be
 tight with this bulky layering,
 but surprisingly they weren't.
I kept everything pretty simple
 and just threw on a pair of dangle earrings.
  I traded those pointy heels for some comfy booties
 and Kate's look is transformed to my look.

Is this a look you would want to try and create or 
should it be left to a model/actress???

t-shirt/jeans-Gap
coat-Banana Republic
vest/earrings-gifted
booties-Dolce Vita
sunnies-Steve Madden


9 comments:

Stylin' In St. Louis said...

Love this pink coat! I can why it was hard to recreate this look! You pulled it off well!
xo,
Jacqueline
stylininstlouis.com

Unknown said...

Fun! I wouldn't have thought of doing that but it totally works!!

~Cheryl
http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

Annie said...

I am loving that pink coat on you...so fab!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Cara said...

Fur vest on top of a coat? I wouldn't have guessed it would work but it does -- and mighty warm, too, I"m guessing!

TaraMixandMatch said...

Love this coat on you, the color is fantastic!

Elle said...

Brett , I love you adaptation. I think hers was a coat, but I do love the vest over the coat, and think pink is great on you. I have layered a fur vest over my coat many times this year, to stay warm. I am sure I did not look as chic! but I was warm,
Well done!
XX, Elle
http://mydailycostume.com

Garments Speech said...

Love your pink coat. It looks great on you.

two birds said...

i think this one was out of everyone's comfort zone. i think you did a fabulous job...i love the layered look!

No Fear of Fashion said...

Well done!
Greetje