-

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Emerald

I recently read an article that said Emerald
 is big on Pinterest this year.
I think it was officially the color of the year back in 2013.
Emerald green is a great color that looks good on everyone.
 Just be careful when pairing it with red. 
 You don't want to look like Christmas come to town.
Some greens can be tricky to wear
 and can wash you out 
or even make your skin have a greenish hue. 
 Emerald is so deep, dark and rich
 that it can work for everyone.
I paired my emerald sweater with
 a pair of window pane trousers for some interest. 
 The oxblood smoking slippers compliment
 the rich tone in the sweater. 
 I decided to do a little tone on tone 
with my necklace
 and stacked loads of bracelets
 to finish off the look.

Do you have a lot of emerald green in your closet?
Do you tend to only wear it around the holidays?

Loft sweater
Target trousers
JC Penney smoking slippers
J.Crew Factory necklace

No comments: